Vs Pcm into Vn ? Issues.

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vs Pcm into Vn ? Issues.

Post by Dylan »

You will definetely need that chip read. No point guessing what that will need.
I cant comment whether that box will work without the VR PCM. I understand it's now manual shift it's just that I've never dealt with them. Im assuming the PCM is still controlling the force motor which the VN ecu can't do.

You can have the VR loom modified to fit VN body. Don't make one out of 2 looms. Have the VR modified.
Then have VATS turned off on the current chip. And you're away.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

VR/VS pcm would be better for tuning with the high speed coms, you can do that with the 808 (VN) ecu but will require more mods. Easier to use what you have.

I believe you can change over the extension housing from a 4L60e and T700R4 so that would solve the speed sensor issue if using the VN ecu.
TuffvngrpA
cars: 1990 Vn group a mock
74 gts Monaro
Way to much other shit.

Post by TuffvngrpA »

Okay. Looks like I have a lot or research to do and a few more headaches to come. As far as loom mods and reading the chip and turning vats off. What is vats sorry to sound stupid but all this stuff is new to me. Thanks everyone for your help.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

VATS - Vehicle Anti Theft System

Basically in the later model Commodores the vehicles BCM (body control module) gets a signal from the key head, once it gets this signal it (the BCM) sends signal to the PCM to allow it to start the vehicle. No BCM no start unless the PCM has the VATS option turned off.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

So you have a VR V8 loom. Do you have a VN engine loom? And a trans looom? (6 or 8 cylinder wont matter)
If you had a VN loom to reference off it would be easier for someone to mod the VR one.

I think your best bet is to have the VR PCM in the VN. And VATS turned off if it isn't already.
TuffvngrpA
74 gts Monaro
Way to much other shit.

Post by TuffvngrpA »

Okay that explains vr and on having the black big key with the battery in it.
I have both a Vn and vr loom. I would prefer to run the be computer if it's easy enough. The plugs to the computer are different between Vn and vr. So does anyone know what has to be changed on the vr harness to make it and the PCM work with the rest of the Vn stuff
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Which computer is your preference? Looks like a typo.
TuffvngrpA
74 gts Monaro
Way to much other shit.

Post by TuffvngrpA »

Sorry Vn computer would be preferred cod the at already has the Vn loom in it. Just want to try run the memcal and the chip thingy in the Vn PCM. It its worth it and not a total headache
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I really dont think the auto you have will work. Even given the manual shift kit.
TuffvngrpA
74 gts Monaro
Way to much other shit.

Post by TuffvngrpA »

The gearbox is sorted. It has the manual kit they use to run the 4l60e boxes in hot rods with no plugs or computers.