wideband sensor on tuner pro

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Jessie
cars: 03 vy commodore v6 no mods

wideband sensor on tuner pro

Post by Jessie »

Hey guys,

Trying to hook up an innovate wideband sensor to tuner pro and havent been able to find any information on what i need to do.

it is an #3844 MTXL innovate wideband.

and i have what i believe to be all the necessary stuff to hook it up, Just lacking the know how.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: wideband sensor on tuner pro

Post by Dylan »

What model ecu are you running?
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

I'm running a 424 and the same wideband, in a vr statesman 5.0. I would also like to know how to connect it all up for data logging. I'm using tuner pro rt
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Have a look at ose 11p. See the guides the the faq (link near top right). Wideband support is obe of the extras when you swap to 11p.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Wade

Post by Wade »

I'm already running ose 11p with vr hsv 185kw Ve and main ignition maps works fine. But with the wide band do I plug that straight into the laptop and set it up with tuner pro? Or do I some how wire it into the factory ecm? If it's plugged into the laptop will I still be able to use the aldl to log everything else as well as wide band afr's. Also is ose able to support anything to do with exhaust gas temp monitoring and logging. And last is there a recommended way besides running a hsv knock board to monitor knock. Most of this probably sounds stupid but I've only been on here a week or so, still trying to get me head around it all
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The innovate has a 0-5v output and you wire that in to the wideband pin on the pcm. Keep the wideband power supply connections away from the pcm power wiring and connect to thick cables as the wideband heater circuit is electrically noisy and can cause other problems if you hook it straight to the pcm power supply.

You can log any sensor that outputs a voltage type signal (not pwm type), including egt. Look at the wiring and look for the inputs that arnt used in factory configuration.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Wade

Post by Wade »

Cheers m8