Striped down vx tune

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
pas94

Re: Striped down vx tune

Post by pas94 »

one other question about the check sum does this cause any issues when changing the settings?
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

It does but the info on that in the FAQ links is based off using the flash tool and flashing through the comms port. Burning straight to the eprom I've never done.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yeah your in uncharted territory there. If you've socketed the flash you could almost go nvram. No reason it couldnt be done but how you have done it is so rare i dont think you'll find any realtime code for a modded flash pcm. Might be best for you to get another stock pcm and use the normal flashtool which will update the checksum for you at flash time.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
pas94

Post by pas94 »

Right so I've called to post office to see if they can retrieve the package out of the post as I sent it 3 hours ago... FML
So I need to find a new PCM. How compatible are these pcm, I know the ecotec has been around for ever so will any pcm work, plugs sensors all the same etc? Whats the easiest to work with I have an eprom programer if needed and an aldl cable.
Don't want or need real time just want to disable the vats and have the thing run... !
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Wont need a eprom programmer for a VX PCM. VY is the same PCM.
pas94

Post by pas94 »

Would a vt or vs pcm work?
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

With the matching engine loom yes
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

If you're in a hurry I have something here that could help out, PM me.
pas94

Post by pas94 »

I think i have had some luck with this project, I picked up a vy pcm from the local wreckers, it had a chip torque sticker on the side... inside the flash is socketed :) so hopefully I can copy it to the other pcm with my eeprom burner and save that pcm giving two working ones as well as an aftermarket tune. I might even try use the flash tool and the new pcm to program the stock to one chip. so they are different.
Any one interested in seeing whats on the chip torque tune? I'll post it up once I have it off.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I'd have a look a it PM might be the best incase of any copyright issues.