Striped down vx tune

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
pas94

Re: Striped down vx tune

Post by pas94 »

Which flag do you set for the 02 sensors anre they worh keeping? Will it idle ok with out them are they much use, in the boat it'll spent most of the time under decent amount of power there won't be much "cruise", I'm not sure how he's doing the exhausts I'll check.

Yeah I killed the coms port, gave me and excuse to buy a hot air rework station, and learn to use it. I don't know if it'll work wish I could have read the image off the chip successfully, It was giving trouble it looked to be corrupted. It wouldn't let me erase it to start with once I got it working first thing I did was erase it to see if it would work. Stupid move!
There's about 5 things that I'm not sure about but if it works I'll be happy. Loom, Socket, Program, someone else doing the wiring in the boat.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Waste of time in a boat. Look in the tune anywhere thats a target afr of 14.7 it looks at the O2 voltage. Anywhere else there's no correction. If they're still wired in the loom and there's an exhaust bung fited maybe keep them.
The1

Post by The1 »

id prob not bother, just fit a wideband if your real keen, but just turn off BLM and Closed loop and set the open loop table targets then tune it in with injector rate tables. If it's all stock it should be good anyway..
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

What sort of cooling system are you running?
For eg if it's a half closed system with marine manifolds you couldn't use it anyway.
pas94

Post by pas94 »

I'm lost with where to turn off the closed loop stuff I can't see anything other than lean cruise but don't think that it. I don't want to have to change the tune, afr targets etc. Can you please point me in the right direction?
pas94

Post by pas94 »

Hi Guys, can someone please help me with where to turn off the o2 sensors so they can be removed without effecting the tune?
Thanks Paul
pas94

Post by pas94 »

Hi every one,
Just thought I'd ask one more time before I send this ecu to my friend. Whats the best way to remove the O2 sensors will it work ok if I don't change the program?
Any advice would be great.
Thanks
Paul
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Just flag the code for them
pas94

Post by pas94 »

Sorry I don't understand what you mean can you please explain?
pas94

Post by pas94 »

Is there any issues with the check sum do I need to recalculate it after changing the program?