Striped down vx tune

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Striped down vx tune

Post by antus »

There are DTCs listed in the flags section. Im not familiar with the vx xdf off the top of my head but there are normaly 2 flags for each error code. 1 to ignore the error, 1 to ligh (or not light) the CEL. Set it to not light the CEL. You do want it to process the code as it should take in to account the sensors are failed (eg not present)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
pas94

Post by pas94 »

vx flags.jpg
Don't think they are there for the vdf i'm using
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Somethings wrong with the XDF, there's lots missing from there...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Start again with the enhanced code. Matching bin and xdf. Anything you aren't running as in speed sensor oxy sensor etc flag the cel only. As for the checksum read the FAQ there's a good write up on it from VL400 . You will need a quality ALDL cable and interface. The crappy one's will most likely brick your PCM.
pas94

Post by pas94 »

The coms port is dead on the pcm, i've socketed the flash and programed it that way. Where is the code that you speak of? Will it run like factory out of the box? When you say flag the cel does that mean it wont bring up a cel but the pcm will treat it as a fault. I den't care about the cel as I don't have one. I just want it to run right.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
pas94

Post by pas94 »

it's never going to do real time so is there any point?
Is this the best way to ensure it runs ok with out 02 sensors?
One of the guides I read said the best code for the vx is the factory code, but then there's code offered there for it too. I'm a bit confused as to what if anything I need to do.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Enhanced code can be found in the custom code forum. Don't have to run it but best part in your case is matching ad trusted xdf and the code is based on holden latest revision for that model.

If you don't have a CEL then dont worry about flagging it then. Just disable VATS.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

If you wanted to send me a working PCM I can flash on a modified enhanced bin. I've done a few of them on my bench set up.
pas94

Post by pas94 »

Thanks for the offer. I'll try this one and if it doesn't work, I'll buy another one and send it to you.