lost in space

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
delcowizzid

Re: lost in space

Post by delcowizzid »

i can help with board install in nz if required had no internet for a bit but back online now.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ladaok
cars: none

Post by ladaok »

hey thanks DW ...i'm back here myself. ...a fella in Dunedin has been a great help, it's been awhile since he himself was fooling around with the system and he's semi relearning
The best thing is the # of photo's he mailed really makes a difference,shows the component and wiring involved to add that communicator bit that's placed in the 808 case , so you can plug into a laptop
I'll get you to assemble that bit into the case if you're willing ,,, apparently some parts of the build aren't available till August ...no worries

What is 12p and 11p etc ...is this some operating system in the navram ?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Yip sweet as.12p is the custom code for 808 ecu 11p is custom code for Vr auto ecu to load on nvram.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

so 12p is like a processing system, sort of like windows ? 12p will work with a wide band O2 ? when you make changes to the MAP doyou have to reflash the chip with one of those ultra violet things ? ...you just gotta bear with me, lots to learn
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yes 12p is an operating system. Operating systems identification numbers are often called the OSID (OS ID). With the 12p os and comms/nvram hardware you ca make changes while the engine is running and your logging. See the guides in the FAQ area (link near top right) if you have not to get an idea of the process.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

are VN injectors high or low impedance ... can you use other manufacturers sensors , say TB, water temp HT coils etc ... from say Suzuki, toyota etc ?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

vn are high impedance and are used in factory configuration with the 808.

Most OEM configurations use high impedance, but some japanese companies use low (though not exclusively). In general try and find the manufacturer and part number then google for specs. < 4 ohm is low impedance, and high is typically 8+ but varies from one type to the next. If you have the injector and a multimeter you can measure resistance between the pins. There are technical reasons why this is not an exact indicator but its enough to confirm high or low, too. Having said that specs are better as they'll also usually tell you flow rate and hopefully have some dead time specs.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

thanks ANTUS what about >>>>> .... can you use other manufacturers sensors , say TB, water temp HT coils etc ... from say Suzuki, toyota etc ?
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

So long as they are 5 volt etc. Also with the TPS watch which way they rotate.
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

ok, .. can they be recalibrated if necessary using the tuner pro software .... i'm meaning the output of the non GM VN sensor can't be changed obviously, but, say a temp sensor will have a voltage @ 0* and another @ 100* the non GM sensor may have a different rise or fall rate over that of a GM devise ... can this differing value be accommodated ? ..although I doubt if the difference would be great, if at all ?