VS V8 Series 3 Auto - boost tuneable?

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Xeturbo

VS V8 Series 3 Auto - boost tuneable?

Post by Xeturbo »

Hi guys and glad to be a part of this fantastic forum.

I am currently in the process of building a single turbo setup on my brothers series 3, VS V8 Statesman.

Can you please confirm if the standard ecu can be tuned/modified for boosted applications and still correctly operate the gearbox?

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated as I have not yet found a suitable aftermarket solution to maintain the electronic auto.

Thanks again for your time.
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Re: VS V8 Series 3 Auto - boost tuneable?

Post by Dazza92VP »

Switch over to a vr 424 ecu and run ose$11p the ecu can still handle the trans and also changes over to map instead of maf and is capable of up to 29 psi
Xeturbo

Post by Xeturbo »

Thanks heaps for the quick reply, took the kick panel off and checked out the ecu and his car is actually running the 424 ecu and map sensor, must have been one of the first series 3s or last series 2 and just badged as a 3. Good news tho!

After reading and reading and more reading I'm slowly starting to get my head around it all, a lot to take in for a noob like me with memcals and chips and stuff!!

Just to confirm, all I should need to do is purchase the aldl comms and NVRAM hardware and I should be good to start altering the stock tune or do I need to download a tune to suit 2 or 3 bar sensor? Just trying to work out what is the best/easiest way of starting out before actually trying to tune.

Sorry for the noob questions I'm still understanding everything I have been reading and I appreciate the wealth of knowledge this forum has to offer.

Thanks again
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

If your wanting realtime tuning yes you'll have to get the Aldl adaptor and an nvram from either Antus or jayme? Not sure who is handling them now but just let them know whether you want the standard factory realtime edited bin on there or the ose$11p. For boost your better off just going with 11p and set it up for what map sensor you have them fill out all the correct tables and start tweaking
Best thing to do is have a read of holden202t guides for setting it up for boost and tuning
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

links in my signature ;)
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Jayme is looking after ecm nvrams and usb comms, the1 is looking after pcm nvrams and aldl interfaces. Current contact details are in the for sale area threads.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3612
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3613
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396