VY logging issues

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
EVLReD_SPaC
cars: '89 VN S-Pack, VS S3 Auto ute

VY logging issues

Post by EVLReD_SPaC »

Hey guys,

Just having a little problem with tunerpro RT, i recently got a VY and am in the process of getting it up to standards for a RWC.
Ive been trying to connect to the pcm with one of those aldl plugs but it seems like the definition files im using arnt working, when i try and connect for logging it connects but the values just jump all over the place.

the definitions files im using are the VX/VY flash pcm VX Engine and trans TP5 ADX's that came with TP.

Am i doing something wrong or is this VY just being a prick??

any help would be much appreciated
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Re: VY logging issues

Post by 0081 »

It sounds like the traffic on the bus.

I get this sometimes and need to keep connecting and disconnecting untill it connects cleanly.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Tunerpro does not come with any VY definitions, what files are you using and what hardware are you using? If its an ebay bundle you should probably ask the seller.

You can find latest versions and links here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=29
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
EVLReD_SPaC

Post by EVLReD_SPaC »

0081: Yea that must be it, it took about 10 connects and the bloody thing finally started giving me the data, i guess its that time of the month. I still dont understand why its a pain on VT's and VY's but works on VN to VS.

antus: it was that definition on that link i was using, and one of these cables http://www.scaits.com.au/index.php/shop ... ecm-detail
The1

Post by The1 »

grab the adx from the enhanced mod, it connects and disconnects with no trouble
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

EVLReD_SPaC wrote: I still dont understand why its a pain on VT's and VY's but works on VN to VS.
to answer that: VN and VP have no Data bus, we add it with a custom board, so nothing else talks on it except tunerpro. VR and VS have a very quiet aldl bus, the only thing that really ever talks on it is anti theft, not much else happens on the data bus while driving, leaving very little to barge in and cross talk when trying to log it with tunerpro.

VT onwards has a very busy aldl bus. lots of things talk ALL the time. Airbags, ABS, Stereo, BCM, PCM, Dashboard, and more are all on the aldl bus and chat away while driving. half the dash functions are driven by data on the aldl bus, so the pcm is always spewing data to the dash in between telling the bcm various things about aircon etc and the stereo and abs talking too. that leaves very little room for you to log with tunerpro.
when you start logging, there is a command telling everything to "SHUT UP" but there isnt much silent time on the bus and if its not timed perfectly right, nothing will hear it and they will all keep talking, which is why it doesnt work very well. its only a fluke when you keep trying, that it manages to send the "shut up" command when there is a few milliseconds of silent time on the bus. The1's adx's are better made and do a better job of listening for the gap in the data to successfully send a shut up command every time.

also notice how many thigns stop working while you are logging.... dash lights come on, aircon stops responding.... these are a few of the things that panic as they arent seeing their regular stream of data because tunerpro just t9old everything to shut up :P

anyways lesson over :geek:
EVLReD_SPaC

Post by EVLReD_SPaC »

Ill save that to my notes so i can keep reminding myself about the noisy aldl line when it takes 15 goes to connect.

will give that enhanced mod adx file a go
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Another option, but probably not the best one is OSEplugin which can silence the bus correctly too. But as your not doing realtime and the enhanced ADX ARE good use those win no plugin.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396