Tuneable delco kits

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Ferett

Tuneable delco kits

Post by Ferett »

Chasing some advise on which way to go,
I want to custom tune my wingless sprintcar i need a fairly easy to use system,
Basicly its on methanol, and has to have a 6000rpm limiter. It already has a standard issue type deal,
Configured for methanol already, it uses the vr type ecu so im looking to some adjustments to what it already has, I know there is kalmaker but is there any others that also work well?
Cheers Paull
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Tuneable delco kits

Post by Dylan »

I've done one of these before good gains to be had. What VR ECU are you running auto or manual?
Ferett

Post by Ferett »

Auto mate
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Have a look one here. Buy a USB Vehichle interface and an NVRAM from the for sale section.
Start with the $11P custom code. And buy a wideband sensor and controller.
All that using Tuner Pro RT software.
Then just 2 mods to that PCM to allow real time writing to the NVRAM and another to allow the wideband to log.

I've dealt with enough wingless to known the commmon issued injectors and memcals are crap. Hopefully yours are better. They kill pistons and valves and aren't set for methanol, just butchered.
Ferett

Post by Ferett »

Mines got the modded injectors already and an 044 fuel pump so hopefully fuel side should be sweet,
The stuff you recomended does that overwrite the chip the ecu already has? Please excuse my extremely limited knowledge on this stuff ive honestly got no idea when it comes to these ecu's
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yep as above. See the FAQ (link near top right of screen) to get an idea of whats available.

'modded' injectors are very agricultural. You really want known quantity larger injectors eg siemens deka.

Have a look at holden202T's setup. Hes done good things with methanol.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Ferett wrote:Mines got the modded injectors already and an 044 fuel pump so hopefully fuel side should be sweet,
The stuff you recomended does that overwrite the chip the ecu already has? Please excuse my extremely limited knowledge on this stuff ive honestly got no idea when it comes to these ecu's
Modded injectors I've dealt with them. There is a ripper video on YouTube of them.
You can't get over 80% VE with a decent AFR. It just breaks down as they dont atomise.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

Dylan wrote:
Ferett wrote:Mines got the modded injectors already and an 044 fuel pump so hopefully fuel side should be sweet,
Modded injectors I've dealt with them. There is a ripper video on YouTube of them.
You can't get over 80% VE with a decent AFR. It just breaks down as they dont atomise.
Do you have a link to this video?
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Not on hand sorry. Terrible spray it was, not that it resembled a spray.