Burn bin to NVRAM

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
jzalchemy
cars: VX SUPERCHARGED LANDCRUISER
650 VSTROM

Burn bin to NVRAM

Post by jzalchemy »

I am tying to copy a bin to NVRAM using a TL866 chip burner and cannot get the PCM to work with the NVRAM. An IC socket has been soldered in place of the original memcal and I know it works because the PCM works with the original memcal in the socket just not the NVRAM. The NVRAM is a Dallas DS1245AB. The read and write process seems to go ok.

PCM is 16233396

Is there anything I may be doing wrong?

Any good advice?

Cheers
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Burn bin to NVRAM

Post by antus »

Check the file sizes and the chip sizes. Also see the guides under the FAQ (link near top right). There is a guide about burning.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

have you soldered a socket onto an ordinary memcal and plugged a dallas DS1245AB into that socket?

im fairly certain that wont work anyway... there are different and extra pin mappings for the nvram to work. thats why these exist:
http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3617

maybe share a picture of your nvram setup?
jzalchemy
650 VSTROM

Post by jzalchemy »

Thanks guys for the quick response, much appreciated. In the back of my mind I didn't think it would be that simple. The NVRAM board looks like the way to go, it looks like it has I/O buffers on it and that sort of stuff. I do not know enough about microcontrollers and hex coding to go too deep. But I have tuned my Triumph Rocket 3 with a flash tool so I am familiar with some of the Fuel and Spark tables.

Cheers
jzalchemy
650 VSTROM

Post by jzalchemy »

I would like to convey my thanks and gratitude to everyone involved with this forum. With your help and an NVRAM board I managed to get my L67 running reasonably well and it was a fun learning experience on the way. The dude at Border Dyno at Albury wanted $1600.00 to tune the engine. I did it with some guidance from The1, a $200 board and a $60 cable. WHOOOhooooooo!!!!! saved me thousands.

You guys are like GODS!. Legends for certain.

Thank you
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Thanks for the feedback, its appreciated!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396