Vt hsv conversion won't run

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Hsv183

Vt hsv conversion won't run

Post by Hsv183 »

I have fitted a VT HSV clubsport series 1 engine with sequential injection into a VK. 1998 HSV 195. However it fires runs then dies. I have had it run for a maximum of 30 seconds & it has fuel, spark however doesn't switch the bypass to 5 volts. I have had the VATS removed & the memcal even went back to make sure. Plugs shows signs of being rich & the headers heat up so it has all the ingredients & signs it runs but won't stay running. If you touch the accelerator it cuts out straight away. It also will not earth the starter so I have it earthed to make it turn over. I can account for all wires in/out of the pcm other than E9 a pink wire that I have seen needs to be 12v so no odd wires that are security. I have turned the engine over by hand & watched the injectors squirt also watched the spark plugs sparking. Also is there any way I can get the diagnostics codes now I don't have the BCM?
delcowizzid

Re: Vt hsv conversion won't run

Post by delcowizzid »

Fuel hoses round the right way fuel in rail with no reg and out the ref back to the tank.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlt304
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Post by vlt304 »

is the airflow meter connected and the rite way around? how much fuel pressure do you have and how much voltage to the ignition coil do you have when it is running for the few seconds?
Hsv183

Post by Hsv183 »

Fuel hoses are around the right way. Has 40 psi fuel pressure which I have adjusted up & down & has good flow. Coil has 12 volts & have had plug connected to lead in engine bay which sparks until it dies. Maf is around right way. When it dies it is like a switch, no stumbling just a complete shutdown. Pcm has power & I have verified that it remains when running.
vlt304

Post by vlt304 »

do you have a diagnostics connector wired in and a cable to read the bin from the pcm? the flash tool can get a whole bin to have a look at and compare to a standard bin check the checksum and vats flag. vats may be off but the checksum may have not been corrected. or if no diag or cable perhaps a read with from the memcal with a programmer just to rule out software.
Hsv183

Post by Hsv183 »

I don't have a cable & I don't have the diagnostics, I have the obd plug but my dash command won't connect as from what I can tell it needs the bcm to get the codes. It really is like walking in the dark without diagnostics. It is so repetitive that I would question vats as that is what it's like
Last edited by Hsv183 on Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
vlt304

Post by vlt304 »

what part of the world are you in? i am in Brisbane if you are in the aria i am happy to look at your memcal.
vlt304

Post by vlt304 »

a cable from this site can read the pcm direct through the diag port no bcm required.
Hsv183

Post by Hsv183 »

I am in melbourne but would send it to you. Where do I get a cable & what else would I need?
vlt304

Post by vlt304 »

have a read of the FAQ at the top of the page the usb ftdi cable is available in the for sale section beware of the ebay jobbies use only genuine ftdi chip. download the flash tool and tunerpro rt v5 both are free and you can then look at the pcm in real time and see what it is doing/seeing. it is quite easy there are a few helpful members down in Victoria I am sure 1 of them will chime in to help out. from there you can look at some realtime hardware (nvram memcal) to make changes with the cable and tunerpro on the fly (with the engine running or not). I hope that helps