Urgent Help needed. VS v8 auto series 1

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
kowah

Urgent Help needed. VS v8 auto series 1

Post by kowah »

Hey guys I'm moving a huge distance in 3 days.
I have an aldl cable and tuner pro.
I need someone to either link me to or attach to this post, the files needed to scan my ute.
VS V8 Auto Series 1
Was doing the timing and didn't kick over which is fine.
But now it won't crank at all.
Plz help I'll appreciate any help at all.

Thanks guys,
Kowah
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Urgent Help needed. VS v8 auto series 1

Post by antus »

Most logging files are in this thread: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=29 but we often recommend the adx files from the1's enhanced code as they of the highest quality http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2518

Does something make you think its an efi problem or do you just want to see what the computer thinks? If you havnt checked the basics (power, fuses, key connection) start there first. Try and get the computer to flash codes. Logging might help, but im not sure its the place to start for "stopped cranking".
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
kowah

Post by kowah »

22 (tps) and 31 (theft deterrent) are flashing
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Pretty sure it should crank even with no ecu. Hopefully someone can confirm?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

yes it would, but to me it sounds like the bcm might have died or similar. its responsible for allowing the start relay to enabled when turning the key.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

VS had the anti theft which your code has shown.
If the anti theft is working properly you should need to press the unlock button on the key for the car to crank and start. If it isn't working properly, which many VSs didn't from very early on, you may get an intermittent issue.
The only reason I know this is because I have a VS and when my father first purchased in it in 1998 he couldn't get it to crank. After contacting our local GMH dealer they set us straight and we haven't had any trouble since.
Go back to basics is the battery in the key working, does the car unlock with the unlock button? If no you'll need a new key head, if yes check the BCM.

The other thing to check is the neutral start safety switch if the ute is an auto. If that has stuffed up the car may not crank either.

Why do you say not kicking is fine? You really can't do the timing unless you're trying to set base timing unless the engine is running.