VT crook BCM

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
ralcool
cars: VK L67 T5
VQ V8 W55
Kawasaki 750turbo

VT crook BCM

Post by ralcool »

Hey guys

Not too experienced on VT onwards... I have VT S2 V6, the BCM got a bit fried froma a bad jump start.

Now the dash board looks like a christmas tree with all da lights on, and warning chimes.

I disconnected the ABS modual to see if it was corrupting the data bus.. No.

So, with the remainder of the faults (no central locking, no security light flashing, no intermittant wipers... etc), and now no start.
Get that 0.5 sec crank and thats it.

I can get my hands on another bcm (313 mid), and its key.... Just remind me, is there any other linking to do, or just plug it in and we're off?

Thanks heaps.

Sean
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: VT crook BCM

Post by Dylan »

I'm retty confident VT will be ok with matching key head. PCM wont need re linking.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

vt upwards require bcm and pcm linking
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ralcool
VQ V8 W55
Kawasaki 750turbo

Post by ralcool »

So I'll have to get the Body Diagnostic tool from Tazzi then.
ralcool
VQ V8 W55
Kawasaki 750turbo

Post by ralcool »

To follow up on the story.. I did splash out and buy a licence for Tazzis' code.. but it wasn't of help.. the bcm was buggered and not talking.
Tazzi tried to convince me not to buy it,but what if there was just some fault code it might clear?

Not a loss, only wish the license was a bit more permanent. My diagnostic laptop for bush repairs is getting replaced by probably an Teclast X80 or x98 tablet.
Only those Chuwi Hi8 and 10's have extra usb ports... swings the decision to another brand than otherwise recommended. Oohh, more pixels or more ports!

Today, after much stuffing around for a week to find a replacement '313 mid' BCM, it arrived and I fitted the bloody thing and everything is fine. :driving:

I disabled vats and re-burnt the chip instead of paying to re link things... also turns out you can easily also bypass the start relay from the bcm control with a piece of wire. Useful for bush repairs once again in conjunction with a modified chip. Might keep a couple in the tool box.

But now its got me thinking how to modify a bcm to suit more models, or create a universal replacement. Maybe replace the processor with something more universal.
Or do they fail more in the buffering logic ics on the board?

Cheers
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I dont think there is anything too tricky about it, just time. VL400 has made the BCM simulator, but it'd take more relays and so fourth and more time to reverse engineer the protocols to implement all the functionality.

The key security RF might be the harder bit, but maybe that doesnt matter so much, or maybe its on a sub-board you could pull out of a standard bcm? Ive never looked inside one.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396