Extra Engine check warning light VT S1

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
nes304
cars: FC with VT 5Lt
VZ Crewman 6Lt

Re: Extra Engine check warning light VT S1

Post by nes304 »

VL400 wrote:The logger the OP has is a standard logger but has a special firmware for VT and later vehicles where it can listen to the bus and display various things. Pin 9 of the second db9 has a warning output that can be wired to a light for check engine, high temperature or low oil pressure.

Have sent you the instructions nes304.
oh hey mate yeah if you remember the cable was wired wrong (long time between drinks!), I resoldered it and can see a a voltage change but for the life of me can't get a bulb to flash off it. I even placed the black/yellow theft wire on it and the horn goes (beeps 12 and 31 when in diagnostic mode) Even a 5V bulb wont flash.

Confirm the white wire goes to a 12v positive wire?
nes304
VZ Crewman 6Lt

Post by nes304 »

nes304 wrote:
VL400 wrote:The logger the OP has is a standard logger but has a special firmware for VT and later vehicles where it can listen to the bus and display various things. Pin 9 of the second db9 has a warning output that can be wired to a light for check engine, high temperature or low oil pressure.

Have sent you the instructions nes304.
oh hey mate yeah if you remember the cable was wired wrong (long time between drinks!), I resoldered it and can see a a voltage change but for the life of me can't get a bulb to flash off it. I even placed the black/yellow theft wire on it and the horn goes (beeps 12 and 31 when in diagnostic mode) Even a 5V bulb wont flash.

Confirm the white wire goes to a 12v positive wire?
I can also see 5v 'flashing' off the green/white serial data signal wire but can't get a bulb to flash with it for some reason. Don't know if its just not enough juice
nes304
VZ Crewman 6Lt

Post by nes304 »

All good now worked out the resistor I needed to add