Extra Engine check warning light VT S1

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
nes304
cars: FC with VT 5Lt
VZ Crewman 6Lt

Extra Engine check warning light VT S1

Post by nes304 »

Hey guys I am looking to add an Extra Engine check warning light, I have a 60 year old car with VT S1 wiring and turfed the instrument cluster. I have tried going from the ALDL port and using the wires that originally went into the instrument cluster with no luck.
Any ideas? I also have a permanently installed ALDL Data Logger too if that helps...
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Extra Engine check warning light VT S1

Post by Dylan »

VT uses the data bus for that. I wonder if you could go to a VS series 3 memcal with the VT ecu and wiring?
nes304
VZ Crewman 6Lt

Post by nes304 »

Dylan wrote:VT uses the data bus for that. I wonder if you could go to a VS series 3 memcal with the VT ecu and wiring?
Hmm would not of thought of that (as I don't know how the S3 VS ran differently) but I have a data Logger that ryan programmed but can't find the instructions he gave. I think it was a 5V negative out but I'm at a loss at he moment. 12V would be alot easier as I have a 12V bulb that fits the old panel

I thnik pins 6 and 12 -ve with 19 and 20 +ve illuminates it but unsure if it will work ok
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

VS 3 ran the VT engine but with the VS cluster so engine temp check engine light were wired not off the bus. Never done it myself hopefully someone knkws more than me. If tbey ran the same ecu it's a good chance.
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

VS S3 and VT S1 both ran 531 PCM on 5.0 and 5.7 (stroker) V8 engines. From memory the engine loom is the same so the difference is after that.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

That sounds good burn a VS 3 memcal and wire in the CEL.
nes304
VZ Crewman 6Lt

Post by nes304 »

Dylan wrote:That sounds good burn a VS 3 memcal and wire in the CEL.
Anyone able to burn a chip for me !!! Which wire is the CEL?

*Need Vats removed
** Need ABS removed
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

VATS easy ABS nothing needed there for the ECU. There's wiring diagrams in the wiring section on here. I can do a memcal if needed.
nes304
VZ Crewman 6Lt

Post by nes304 »

Dylan wrote:VATS easy ABS nothing needed there for the ECU. There's wiring diagrams in the wiring section on here. I can do a memcal if needed.
when I hooked up the VT cluster with 5&6 aldl pins wired it shows 31 ABS fault, I removed the ABS fuse from the bay with should have removed it totally?
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

No idea there sorry never dealt with those clusters. But with both the cluster and the ABS system on the BUS id suggest cluster programming or get a cluster from a non ABS model. Any SRS faults too?