Sc14 to buick and e85

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by VL400 »

So your using a standard v6 bin and 1 bar map sensor?

Calcve is a logged item in the adx. Grab the 12p zip here ..http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=356
TdracerTd
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Post by TdracerTd »

Yes, I'm the standard map sensor. Is this a problem? The CRS kit (which mine is based on) says that no other modifications are required.

Do you think I would get more out of it with a 2 or a 3 bar?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

weather you get anymore out of it or not is to be seen, I'd suggest possibly yes...

the issue is with a 1 bar map sensor (stock) it stops putting more fuel in at 100kpa .... if your hitting 3-4 PSI with this blower your upwards of 120-140kpa ....

the other thing that you generally do with boost is pull 2-3 degrees of timing for every 10-20kpa of boost pressure!

if its a bog stock tune it will not be pulling timing and will be leaning the fuel out under boost (where you actually want more than is even commanded at 100kpa)

probably the only thing saving you is the knock sensor will probably be pulling timing if its knocking! but its far from an optimal setup.

do you have the throttle body before or after the blower ?

also I assume thins thing has a pretty large pulley on it to be only making 3-4 psi ? or is this regulated with a BOV ?

I've been helping a local guy with a similar combination in a Gemini and hes using super 6 injectors which we believe to be 36lb, and hes got a really small pulley on the blower, its apparently making 6psi or more.
TdracerTd
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Post by TdracerTd »

I'm using the standard clutched pulley on the blower and the throttle body in the stock location so after the blower. I also have a bov setup that relieves the boost presure before the TB at idle.

I think that you are correct that I am running into knock. The thing pulls really hard of the line, but once up in the revs under WOT there is not a heap of diffence.

As I said earlier, I am changing to L67 and will probably run a Haltech engine management on the new motor. I would just really like to get this thing sorted in the meantime for a couple of reasons.

1. I don't like to leave things half done and to not sort it feels a bit too much like giving up.
2. I would like to pass the motor on to my mate for his VR.
3. I think it's a great opportunity to learn the ropes, and if I screw it up I have a spare engine that I can change it out with for minimal cost.

That being said. I don't want to throw a heap of money at it. If i can use my super 6 injectors (they wont be used on the L67 that i'm building) and a 2 or 3 bar is all i need and the rest is just sweat, then it's worth doing from my point of veiw.

I hope the above makes sense. Not trying to be a tight arse.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

ide just leave the stock tune in there and fit some 24lb bluetop injectors and keep running pump gas if you are keeping the clutch pulley.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
TdracerTd
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Post by TdracerTd »

I know all logic says i should leave it alone as delcowizzid says. But I have just ordered a 2 bar sensor of ebay (GM one), and will forge ahead. The main point of the exercise is education, so I'm pretty sure I will be pestering you guys some more. Sorry.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

nothing wrong with that mate, we are all here to learn and help out! your having a go that's the main thing.

with your lack of performance at WOT high revs, I think you'll find that's fairly typical of these blowers, as they really are too small for the commodore motor!
TdracerTd
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Post by TdracerTd »

Thanks for the understanding.

Some more questions...LOL.

Do I need a wideband sensor to do this?

Do I need a gauge as well? I seem to remember seeing something on here about logging a wideband sensor with the 808 and tunepro, but can't find it now.

Would this do the job?-
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190977557293

Thanks again.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

no you don't need the gauge, but some do come with gauges, like the MTX-L .... the item you listed is only the wideband sensor not the controller as well.

mtx-l - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Air-Fuel-Met ... 1264140900
lc2 - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/INNOVATE-MOT ... 1062299275

there are other brands around too but I have only had experience with the 2 above.

you are able to wire it into the 808 to log it in the data stream, the info to do it is in the $12P zip file of which pin to wire it into.

also the basic and advanced tuning guides have general tuning info and also stuff for tuning from wideband data - http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=28
TdracerTd
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Post by TdracerTd »

Update: got it running on e85. 36lb injectors at 300kPa. First start was at 450kPa and flooded like crazy. Took me a while to work out I had calculated the injector flow rate at 300, but once I did, it ran sweet as a nut. Now, my question is it was really rich at 450kpa, is it worth running the fuel pressure at that and adjusting the injector flow rate to match? Also, does anyone have a private road near bribane I can tune my car on? ;)