Software On ELM Street - OBD2 Software Development

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: ELM327 Software Development

Post by Tazzi »

Charlescrown wrote:Nope still wont connect
Hmmm the real cable must output something else!?!?
delcowizzid wrote:success woot
attemp connect
searching for device
elm device sucessfully found
elm is idle

cable info elm327 v1.3a

:D
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:D
delcowizzid wrote:charlescrown if its a cable like mine you will need to supply it power and earth on obd plug mine wont detect without power
Will have to keep that in mind when my cable pops up.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I will try my Chinese copy tomorrow when I find it. Let you know if it works.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

elmscan 5 should work charles can you take a car battery inside and power the cable LOL
so where too now LOL.ive had a bit of a read up and some of the chineese cables have resistors across the can bus +/- and maybe other k line and j1850 can cause issues and requires removal of resistor just have to see how we go.no .net 4 on the lappy is going to be an issue ill work on it so i can test incar
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

delcowizzid wrote:elmscan 5 should work charles can you take a car battery inside and power the cable LOL
so where too now LOL.ive had a bit of a read up and some of the chineese cables have resistors across the can bus +/- and maybe other k line and j1850 can cause issues and requires removal of resistor just have to see how we go.no .net 4 on the lappy is going to be an issue ill work on it so i can test incar
Where to now? Hmm.. think ill quickly add the voltage input as well "ATRV" (RV = Read Voltage input).
From what Iv seen in most applications, they seem to turn headers on, turn off echo, check the protocol or set protocol annnnnnnd also sent off AT@1 which gives cable ID ("USB to Serial Converter") or something like that.

Since now we have a working connection between the cable and software. Just a matter of putting in the correct PID's or Modes to read engine data and faults. Then convert that data into useful information.

If all of the above then works. I can hopefully feed any data I want to the tech2, to extract any "Holden specific" codes and errors. Will need access to a OBD2 PCM though.. or just get a willing participant to send off the messages I log from the tech2 :thumbup:

Ill attempt to change the target framework. Have to mess with the advance compiler options or something like that. Will chuck it up once done.. hopefully still works the same.
Any idea what .net framework you have installed? 2,3,3.5?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

ill be at .net 3.5 as thats what vl400's flashtool requires
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Updated.. or should I say downgraded to framework 3.5, Chucked in a bit of precision timing on frames and also put in the check voltage function which will do directly after checking elm device present.

Next up, Simple frame requests
Attachments
OBD2Logger v0.04.exe
(40 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

soooooo ... i have an elm327 i should dig it out, if it detects will i be able to do anything on a vz alloytec v6 to help your testing ?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

now happily works on my lappy :D

buuut voltage check times out after 4 tries youll be away when you get a cable im sure
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Holden202T wrote:soooooo ... i have an elm327 i should dig it out, if it detects will i be able to do anything on a vz alloytec v6 to help your testing ?
Suuuuure can!. VZ PCM will speak OBD2. So thatll be perfect.

Ill be focusing on VY V8's and VZ V6/V8. Although really it will be applicable to anything OBD2 using the same protocol.

Im currently just chucking in some basic requests to do in car to request engine rpm and fault data ect to test this actually works. Its all "read only" stuff so nothing bad can happen.
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

delcowizzid wrote:now happily works on my lappy :D

buuut voltage check times out after 4 tries youll be away when you get a cable im sure
*Sigh*.. haha Just when you thing you got it sorted! A Typical Response *should* be around "12.2V"
So it will always be a 5 character response and will always contain a "." and a "V". Have made sure it checks those requirements.. no reason for it to timeout unless its not added the "carriage return" at the end of it.. but doubt that.

Yeah, would make things alot easier by debugging on my laptop. Although when it comes to testing messages, ill need help there.

*Edit
Wonder if check voltage doesnt work because its not in car? But you have it hooked up to a battery anyway so it should work.

ohh....silly mistake...I used serialport1.write instead of serialport1.writeline