Need help with Stand alone V6 Ecotech

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
simonldavies139
cars: Bedford J3 Truck

Need help with Stand alone V6 Ecotech

Post by simonldavies139 »

Hi everyone, firstly thanks for adding me.
Secondly, I am in the process of researching how to install a vs ecotech v6 into my 1962 Bedford truck. I have seen a lot of different information in relation on how to make these engines a "stand alone unit". What I really want to know is the correct way of doing this and if I can do any of it my self. I have purchased the engine and auto box and loom and ecu. I understand that the memcal needs to reprogrammed with no security. Is there any one in the ACT region that does this? The loom is also a concern I am unsure if I will need to modify it at all or not. So I am up for any suggestions on that topic also. And if anyone would have any other suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.
Regards Simon
Holden202T

Re: Need help with Stand alone V6 Ecotech

Post by Holden202T »

ok with the memcal, your right disable anti theft and it should work ok... you do loose one or two features that the bcm normally controls but it will work ok! even if there is no one locally pretty sure there will be plenty of people here whod be happy for you to post it to them to remove security!

with the loom just leave the engine loom as it is ... if you can get your hands on the plugs in the engine bay where the motor plugs into the car these are what your going to need to wire into the Bedford.

really all you'll need is a few relays and some power and the rest is mostly all done between the computer and the motors sensors!

speedo will need to be replaced with an electronic one for everything to work properly .... and you'll probably want to get a temp gauge or something like that on it!

fuel system, I guess you can either fit the whole commodore tank with its internal pump, or you can fit surge tank and external pump etc ...

is this Bedford of yours the old round bubble guards type one ? I am putting a efi v8 into a 78 CF Bedford, and its going to be pretty straight forward to mount the commodore tank under the floor, the standard one is similar and uses straps to secure it.
simonldavies139

Thanks holden202, that is some very useful info, the wiring and relays are going to need a little more research by the sounds of it. I am picking up the engine and gearbox this weekend so I will try and obtain the extra plugs from the engine bay. My Bedford is as tj or j3 depending on what you like to call them. I have done the bodywork and painted it all up as I wanted it ready for my wedding last month but now it is time to repower so I can do some shows. the speedo and other gauges I had also planned for and am in the process of thinking through how I am going to make them fit into the original cluster. I am sure it wont be too tricky.
simonldavies139

so the question is then is there any one willing to fix my memcal up for me?
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=36

There's a wanted section here, maybe put a post up with ss much info as possible.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

if no one else replies im happy for you to post it and i'll change it as required, if your interested PM me.

yeah get the plugs and I have some info scribbled somewhere on paper as to what wiring is what for those plugs.
simonldavies139

Thanks. I certainly will. All this electronic stuff in cars is new to me so any help would be great.
Kind regards Simon