Engine conversion. VY engine/gearbox and computer into WB

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
vlt304
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Re: Engine conversion. VY engine/gearbox and computer into W

Post by vlt304 »

my bad was it a hsv? they have some extra funky security from memory it cuts the ign sw power to the ecu and the fuel pump realy sw wire also
Bart
cars: Torana, Statesman

Post by Bart »

Yes its LS1 Hsv Senator. Ok Ill link the fuel pump relay also. A mate was telling me his brothers LS1 SS wouldnt start with the air bag deployed. So this may be part of my issue. I hope linking the relys will solve this problem or at least prove the problem, then later i could go to the pcm and turn off these airbag security featurse so i wont need to link the relays anymore??
Bart

Post by Bart »

Well I charged the battery and linked the start relay under the bonnet and fuel pump relay but no go.
I just re-read vlt304's post and you say the ignition switch turns off also, is this the one under the dash and should I link it too??
I can hear the fuel pump running when linking the fuel pump relay but no spark (Removed spark plug wire, spark plug end, and stuck a screw driver in it to see spark but no spark)
Bart

Post by Bart »

And there is power at injector 12v
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

Hmmmmmm. Someone has ratted the maf off it. Wonder what else they pinched. You should have 12v on one of the 4 pins to each coil. Check that too.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Jayme wrote:Hmmmmmm. Someone has ratted the maf off it. Wonder what else they pinched. You should have 12v on one of the 4 pins to each coil. Check that too.
Yep, forgot to mention there is 12v on one pin on ignition coil
I have put a MAF sensor on and air temp sensor
Bart

Post by Bart »

Is there a crank angle sensor of some sort?
Im not familiar with LS1's (Bit different to Nissan V8's)
vlt304
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Post by vlt304 »

check for power at pcm connector x1 pin 19 with ignition on. check for ground on connector x1 pin61 the hsv module cut these 2 on a car I had to look at here is the vy diagram to check the pins of other things if that fails
Attachments
vy wiring diag.zip
(454.72 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
Bart

Post by Bart »

Thanks mate.
Is there a diagnostic software like efi live I can use which doesn't cost heaps. Just thinking I may need to turn more parts of the pcm, like air ba, dash gauges etc
I have a copy of efi live but need to buy a licence. I didn't want to spend heaps when I m only going use it once or so.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

you dont need any other modules to run the engine..... the engine computer only, wired into the engine with VATS turned off and power on the right pins, will start and run.

yes there is a crank angle sensor, they call it the crankshaft position sensor. its on the drivers side of the block down level with the crank, towards the rear. plenty of pics of it on google if you need one.