Can anyone help out a newby with ECU logging/hacking?

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
vx_commodore
cars: Vx commodore V6 Auto.

Re: Can anyone help out a newby with ECU logging/hacking?

Post by vx_commodore »

Thank you for that link, It makes it much easier to do what I'm trying to do!.

Is there any way I can compair the 2 pcm's just to see if there was any changes made to my original PCM before I owned the car?

Is there any custom tuned bins for the vx v6? I can't seem to find any for the vx v6 na.
If not, What changes in the tune are recommended for a stock vx v6 for more power and better response?
I have a 2 1/2' exhaust and stage 2 shift kit with corvette servo.

Thanks!.
Last edited by vx_commodore on Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vx_commodore

Post by vx_commodore »

Update, I've hooked up new PCM to car, Just to read the bin file and compare it against my original PCM, And there are quiet a few differences as I thought.

Is it possible for me to use this 'new' PCM in my car for a wile while it is in stock form. Just to see if these issues I have go away. Would I just be able to install new PCM not cloned so all parameters stay as they were, But turn off VATS so my car will run with the new PCM and then clone it later once I've driven for a wile?
Just really want to try the stock tune in the new PCM for a wile before I clone over all my old data.
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

Are both four number codes the same on both pcms?
Cause if there not that will be the reason for the differences in the two tunes.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

The enhanced bins are based on the latest revisions could be a good start
vx_commodore

Post by vx_commodore »

vs ss wrote:Are both four number codes the same on both pcms?
Cause if there not that will be the reason for the differences in the two tunes.
Yes, there the same.
Dylan wrote:The enhanced bins are based on the latest revisions could be a good start
Not quiet sure what you mean? I could not find any bins at all for the VX v6 n/a. Figgered I'd have to make my own.

Am I able to safely disable VATS on new PCM via OSE, Use it for a bit, See how the car is with the untouched paramaters, Then clone it to get vats back?

Thanks guys!
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

In the enhanced section there is a VX bin there. Load that up in tuner pro.
Disable VATS then load the new bin into your ecu and go. That will give you an unmodified latest revision.

I've never dealt with late model flash ecu's personally so not sure on cloning or linking or any of that.
Might be easier to save the modified bin and write a new one over the top. Could even leave vats on that way.
vx_commodore

Post by vx_commodore »

Dylan wrote:In the enhanced section there is a VX bin there. Load that up in tuner pro.
Disable VATS then load the new bin into your ecu and go. That will give you an unmodified latest revision.

I've never dealt with late model flash ecu's personally so not sure on cloning or linking or any of that.
Might be easier to save the modified bin and write a new one over the top. Could even leave vats on that way.
Ah yes! Found it. Thanks for that.

OK, I'll install new PCM, disable vats go for a drive. See how it is, I'm real interested to see if there is any difference from my old possibly altered PCM . Then I'll load that bin to the PCM. Then change it from there.

Anyone know some recommended things to change?
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Target afr in the power range mid to high 12's. Bit more timing under load and cruise.
Dont have the timing drop off have a nice steady curve.

Any mods? I haven't read the whole thread.
vx_commodore

Post by vx_commodore »

Dylan wrote:Target afr in the power range mid to high 12's. Bit more timing under load and cruise.
Dont have the timing drop off have a nice steady curve.

Any mods? I haven't read the whole thread.
Great! That's what I was wondering!. Appreciate you're input.

Only mods are 2 1/2" exhaust.<actually lost power)
Stage 2 shift kit with corvette servo.
Was also going to see if I could slightly bump up the trans pressures in the tune?.( Opposed to winding screw on pwm solinoid.)
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I don't touch the auto shifts seen it end badly to many times by tuning shops let alone others.
Maybe compare some of fhe V8 HSV tunes and see what they did?