Using a VX calibration in a VT

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
VX L67 Getrag

Using a VX calibration in a VT

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Just checking as I'm pretty sure I've done it before running a VX memcal in a VT car, I know they have vin cut off marks but that was mainly for trans changes & normally can be copied across anyway?
VX L67 Getrag

Re: Using a VX calibration in a VT

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I have sent a memcal for someone to try as I wasn't sure if it would work, but after 20 minutes of driving the dash comes up with error & the car cuts out?
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Seems like a long time before the issue has effect :think: why does it have a VT bin?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

what error comes up on the dash ?
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Biggvl sorry if I worded it wrong it's actually a VT but I sent up a VX memcal/bin to use in it.

Holden202T I'm honestly not sure I think it was just the word ERROR & it cut's out not long after that.

This was the original thread that I thought I'd try a solid & help out, not that I normally do "mail order tunes"!

http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4373

So it was using CXWK & the file I put on the memcal was DDRH based!
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Looks like it may be something unrelated, it's now had a 30 minute drive & not cut out!

I checked my actual tuned car files & had used vx files previously in 3 other vt's & some as old as 1997 & never had an issue so didn't think it could be related.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Any ideas on the fault codes from the cluster?
chrismoddy
cars: VT l67 Manual

Post by chrismoddy »

Hi Biggvl,

So yeah basically at the time of the fault it was just displaying the word "ERROR" on the dash display - the car would crank over, but not fire.

Once I got the car home I checked for trouble codes using tunerpro and there was no codes unfortunately.

Whatever caused the car to cut out while driving and not fire was a complete coincidence. After sitting on the side of the road I put the original memcal back in the ECU - it started getting spark and fired over, so at the time I thought it could be the new memcal cause it was the first drive I had driven with it in the car but VX L67 Getrag and myself were pretty sure it was unrelated ....

The fuel pumps been replaced lately - The issue could be a crank angle sensor or anything who knows! bloody cars lol?? I have been driving around for the last few days with the Memcal that VX l67 Getrag did for me and it's running like a dream!! He originally did the memcal for me because Ive recently converted my VT SPAC to an L67 5 speed and because it only had the L67 auto tune with the manual flags ticked, it was running like crap down low. Hunting for idle, revs all over the place etc, but now hes given me a good starting point so I'm cheering!
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Not knocking anyones work here just curious to why you chose to run a VX calibration on a VT?
I haven't played with these model's before so I'm not up with there different features.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Once I got the car home I checked for trouble codes using tunerpro and there was no codes unfortunately.
Correct me if Im wrong, but tuner pro won't talk to the BCM or Cluster to be able to get codes????

Im sure that you'll need a tech2 or equal. to talk to those modules???

The secret to as to why it spat out 'ERROR' on the cluster lies in the stored codes in the cluster...