VZ V6 Alloytec (LE0) Safety Mode with no codes

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: VZ V6 Alloytec (LE0) Safety Mode with no codes

Post by Tazzi »

vn5000 wrote:From my experiences with mafless tuning and electric throttles the car enters safety mode when the calculated airflow exceeds the predicted airflow
Maybe the maf is cactus , giving readings that are not far enough out to throw a code but high enough to exceed predicted airflow
Im thinking its something like that... but changed the throttle body and also pedal ect also and still doing it.

Literally all major components have been swapped out. Last night was the last push for success, I think J21 might be letting this VZ go shortly.

Its definitely wiring related, although with the hack job done by the auto sparky, its a bit of a mission to isolate whats been affected. Last sort of option is to do a full wiring swap although I think thats out of the question for J21.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I disagree, if it is the throttle causing safety mode and the wiring was at fault, it would code

Are there any engine mods? What about vacuum leaks? As mentioned before, dirty or fucked maf?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Biggvl wrote:I disagree, if it is the throttle causing safety mode and the wiring was at fault, it would code

Are there any engine mods? What about vacuum leaks? As mentioned before, dirty or fucked maf?
Exactly what I was expecting to see. By all accords its meant to have have a fault in any circumstances of safety mode.. :?

No engine mods. There was a vacuum leak on my last visit from J21 checking a few things and think he failed to apply a gasket properly. Car was running smooth first couple times out without any issues, last time was a little bit rougher due to the leak but still no faults thrown.

MAF seemed fine when viewing live data. About 5g/s and increased with revs as expected.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726