E92 PCM Reverse Engineering

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
gmtech825

Re: E92 PCM Reverse Engineering

Post by gmtech825 »

is there a free, easy to setup and use ppc compiler out there for windows? I haven't had any luck finding one.
bubba2533
cars: 03 Chevy S10 Turbo V6

Post by bubba2533 »

LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

Anyone ever use one of the cheap OBD2 splitters? It seems like having 2 instances of UP and two cables might be quite helpful for debugging. It seems like something that would be hard to have an issue with, but I figured I would ask anyway.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

bubba2533 wrote:Anyone ever use one of the cheap OBD2 splitters? It seems like having 2 instances of UP and two cables might be quite helpful for debugging. It seems like something that would be hard to have an issue with, but I figured I would ask anyway.
I use a y cable all the time With mdi’s.. works good using a logger on one and you can run sps2, or tech2win, or gds2 on the other one and you can get a good log of the commands/responses..

Only snag I’ve run into is my logger program glitches sometimes when I’m reading low speed lan pin 1. I have to start a log of high speed,disconnect,then reconnect to low speed in order to read data..
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

I also use an OBDII Y-spliter cable, works as it should ... I do recommend buying one you can disassemble the connectors on, don't get a molded one, it's nice to be able to pull them apart and tighten the female wire ends for solid connections.

I have this one: Amazon.com bbfly B11 OBD2 Y-Splitter
I need a second one, so this one is in my waiting list for my next Amazon purchase: Amazon.com bbfly B6 OBD2 Y-Splitter

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

Gampy wrote:I also use an OBDII Y-spliter cable, works as it should ... I do recommend buying one you can disassemble the connectors on, don't get a molded one, it's nice to be able to pull them apart and tighten the female wire ends for solid connections.

I have this one: Amazon.com bbfly B11 OBD2 Y-Splitter
I need a second one, so this one is in my waiting list for my next Amazon purchase: Amazon.com bbfly B6 OBD2 Y-Splitter

-Enjoy
I didn't even think about disassembling, but luckily the second one you linked is the one I bought!
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

Ok, well I've had a big win. I've been able to write my own transmit frame function and it's finally working as expected.

I was really worried that I wasn't going to figure it out, but it was just me getting in my own way.

This just shows a loop that is sending out some debug information from the FLEXCAN registers. I only have it working with sending out single frames (7 bytes max), but that will have to get modified to handle larger payloads at some point.
Write_Frame_Test.JPG
Write_Frame_Test.JPG (148.92 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
I think the next big thing would be to write a working receive function. Right now I'll start with receiving single frames like I did with the transmit function.
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

It's done!

It's just a simple echo of what I send to the PCM, but I'm pretty happy right now.
E92 Tx_Rx_Kernel.JPG
E92 Tx_Rx_Kernel.JPG (118.89 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Congrats, well done!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

bubba2533 wrote:It's done!

It's just a simple echo of what I send to the PCM, but I'm pretty happy right now.
E92 Tx_Rx_Kernel.JPG
Woohoo!!! Love it!
Couple things to note for you:
1) There is a max of 8 bytes you can send per CAN frame (I see 7 is sent in your examples).
2) To send larger chunks of data, these are still split into 8byte frames, but must be in a very specific format to meet the SAE standard to use with J tools.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726