vx l67 enhanceed mod issue

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
upyas
cars: vy s

vx l67 enhanceed mod issue

Post by upyas »

hey guys

i got a issue with a vx l67 car 2001

i cannot use the vx l67 enhanced mod because it is not compatible, it when its loaded and you try start it the motor turns over a couple of times then stops (not a vats start stop condition it is different) , with the original memcal in it that issue is not there.

i can put the vy enhanced mod and the dash works but i get a engine light and other problems its not compatible with the car.

i have tried to find a xdf for vx l67 but none exist, if there was a xdf for the vx l67 it would be good but there is not and the enchanced mod ver is not compatible with the car

i tried all the l67 xdfs with this memcal and it does not work

no other enhanced mod works with the car properly, what can you do to fix this?

any ideas? ecu is DDRH

i attached the original bin of the car that starts and runs fine and dash is fine etc but no XDF for it that i can see.

cheers
Attachments
orig.BIN
(128 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
VX L67 Getrag

Re: vx l67 enhanceed mod issue

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

What area are you located?
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

I downloaded your .bin file and it's showing as,

orig.BIN, detected type $A5 revision K (VT V6):

Using the Memcal ID tool but in your OP you say your PCM has the code DDRH which the memcal ID shows as,

DDRH2640 $A5 Supercharged Automatic 16233396 Non Flash PCM (VX supercharged)

I'm wondering if you are having a problem burning the enhanced .bin onto your eeprom?
upyas

Post by upyas »

immortality wrote:I downloaded your .bin file and it's showing as,

Using the Memcal ID tool but in your OP you say your PCM has the code DDRH which the memcal ID shows as,

I'm wondering if you are having a problem burning the enhanced .bin onto your eeprom?

I am having troubles to get the vx enhanced bin to run on the car, i am using a moates ostrich, not burning to a eprom yet as i do not do that until i finish tuning it.

why does the vx enhanced rom not run on this car? do you have another version i can try? like a previous revision or something? when i try start with the vx enhanced bin the motor turns over for a second then stops and does not start at all

I do not know why or how it is showing as a vt v6 i read the memcal with a eprom burner / reader. Unless i uploaded the wrong file but i do not think i did that?
upyas

Post by upyas »

i need to look at the memcal id on the chip tomorrow as maybe the memcal has been changed, but how when the vt is a flash pcm and does not use memcals.

All VT PCM's use memcals, VX V6 was the first flash PCM.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

I have no experience with the Moates Ostrich so can't comment there other than it seems the bin is corrupt so the PCM doesn't know what to do as that is what I've experiences before with corrupted tunes.

Try burning enhanced on a memcal and see what it does, there is no reason it shouldn't run.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

VX l67 was still the older VT memcal based computer. VX V6 normally aspirated was the new VX/VY flash PCM. They are not compatible. There is an enhanced to allow the flash PCM to run boost for people doing conversions. That one will not work on the older style VT computer with memcal running the factory VX L67 bin which it sounds like you have. There is also an enhanced VX L67 that is for original L67 VT style computer, that is the one you need.

VX V6 N/A Auto Flash PCM (wrong, for conversions still running the normally aspirated flash computer, will not work on VT style memcal computer)
VX V6 Supercharged (right, enhanced VT memcal bin)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
upyas

Post by upyas »

hey antus thanks for the reply

the VX enhanced mod does not start the car at all, the VT one starts the car but the dash has issues, engine light on and oil light on

why does the vx one not even start the car? but the vt one starts but dash has problems?

cheers
Attachments
vtbin.jpg
upyas

Post by upyas »

immortality wrote:I downloaded your .bin file and it's showing as,

hey mate i looked at the memcal and it indeed has the DDRH sticker on it and i dont a quick eprom veryfy on the eprom reader/burner and it was the correct bin, so why would it have a vt tune on it when it is a vx ecu? this is doing my head in.

original bin works fine in this car, its just i cannot find any xdf for it and the enhanced roms do not work in it.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Check that you have the right VX enhanced bin. I suspect you have the flash pcm one and are trying to run it on a memcal pcm, so it wont work.

If you have the right VX one that is for memcal it should work fine on the car.

"VX V6 Supercharged
(MAF, CYLAIR, EEI, KAL, IMM, ASR, WBAFRT, EOI)
VX_V6_SC_$A5K_Enhanced_v1.3f.zip"

You can see its the A5K type program which is for VT style memcal based PCMs.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396