Looking for someone to modify a VT ecu

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
ecomoo
cars: 81 Mitsubishi Sigma EFI 351
83 Gemini ute 3.8 v6 (under construction)
2013 Focus ST

Looking for someone to modify a VT ecu

Post by ecomoo »

I have an old rodeo running a 3.8/auto from a VT as a burnout car,
The conversion looks like it was done buy a couple of chippies in their smoko break but it runs and drives

Seeing as we intend to use it as a burnout car I wanted to get the air cleaner etc though the bonnet, I've seen a few people weld flanges to the oem plenum and mount the stock TB up top but that was way to easy

Anyhow I've made my own plenum that takes a 1000 cfm 4150 style tb, it currently runs (kind of) but needs some ecu mods, I wondering if it's possible to use a map sensor and maybe tuning it to run smoothly as possible

So I'm looking for someone near south coast NSW that can help me out

ecomoo
2013 Focus ST

Re: Looking for someone to modify a VT ecu

Post by ecomoo »

Surely someone knows ?
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

If you want to run MAP then I'd suggest converting it to a VR V6 PCM, loom and sensors.

There is a base ecotec file for 12P here - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=375
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Given he’s running an auto (I assume VT 4L60E) will need a 424 ECU and 11P to run the electronic auto
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Which is exactly what a VR V6 PCM is...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

yep so a bit of work to copy the main tables from the 12P base file to 12P and then tune for the other changes from there.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

In the 11p setup I’m sure there’s a stock ecotec file to suit the later trans, which is what I think was originally meant.
ecomoo
2013 Focus ST

Post by ecomoo »

Can the VT ecu be programed to work with a map sensor, I don't really want to change the harness etc
If I'm going to all that trouble I may as well go aftermarket
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

There used to be some really old school commercial software called kalmaker workshop that could do it, which only runs on a really old dos laptop. Searching now I can find some dyno shops that still mention they can tune it but I am not sure where you could get it. In general its technically possible but t'll be harder and more expensive with less support from here. Most people in the after market with the 4L60E in a conversion would run the vr auto computer with 11P. What we talk about above is no big deal, you take the base 11P software, get the 12P ecotec tune, copy the VE and Spark tables over (rescale them if they dont 100% fit) and you should have a pretty good starting point. You'll need to be able to put that together to tune kalmaker anyway but without the ability to copy/paste in to kalmaker and all the data you need for 11P is available you just need to read the guides in the FAQ area (link up near top right) to have an idea what you are doing, ask the right questions as you go and listen to the answers (sounds obvious, but many just dont listen and then are surprised when they dont get the results they expected)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I hear that comment a lot, about just going aftermarket. Truth is, going aftermarket is much harder than sticking with the OEM in these cases as there already all the base tune , hardware and info you need. Aftermarket on the other hand is most often a blank slate and when you are talking about also running an auto, stuff gets exponentially harder real quick.

I agree with the above posts, 424 pcm and 11p is the best option.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.