Holden VR or VS error code checking procedure via aldl

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
Pete30nz
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive

Re: Holden VR or VS error code checking procedure via aldl

Post by Pete30nz »

I've been having a look around on google. In tunerpro if you go to the view menu, toolbars, then make sure the Data Acquisition Send Command is ticked. You will then see a drop down menu in between Show Data Monitors and where you can record and play log info.
If there are commands in the adx file, these commands should show up in the drop down menu.

Any one that can add info here, would be awesome.

Pete
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

What you can do with tunerpro actually depends on what is defined in the adx you are using. Its not the same for all adx files, and the majority dont have the extra features eg for brake bleed because of the time investment to figure it out and build the adx files. Having said that, some do. I dont recall from the top of my head which ones support what, sorry.
Clearing codes, depending which ones, usually means the computer needs to see valid data again on that circuit so say its a TPS code, it'll want to see voltages in the range of the low end of the pedal and the top end. For speed sensor it'll want to see speed rise above a certain slow minimum which means the signal is present. If its something like SRS then the code will be stored and need to be reset. If you need to send a reset and the fault is still present the error will come back straight away.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Pete30nz
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive

Post by Pete30nz »

I can appreciate the code coming back if the error is unfixed. If writing an adx file is like a+Z=f maths, then that sounds awkward.
-
H
hypothetically, if the adx had brake bleed function, would that be in the drop down menu, part of the Data Acquisition Send Command?

This is quite interesting for me.

cheers
Pete