cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: Tunerpro advice

Post by Charlescrown »

Thanks Antus. Yes I have been logging and overlaying the target and actual and making changes but thought I'd have a look at what the O2 sensor was doing. I don't know how to turn on bubble tracing but think it's a feature when using a nvram which I don't have. I'm about to go for a drive and try to keep it in the closed pool area to get a bigger picture.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

You dont need nvram for bubble tracing, its this button here, you can turn it on with bin/xdf/adx loaded while logging live, or log playback. The XDF and ADX need to be setup for it, and 11P, 12P, enhanced all are.
Attachments
bubble tracing.png
bubble tracing.png (29.11 KiB) Viewed 2164 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Thanks Antus. You just taught me something.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I worked out why BLMs don't work. Seems like there is incomplete functionality or code.

These 2 settings got it working. The flag made it work as I think the Km/h criteria might be incomplete code or something as I couldn't find any settings relating to BLM and road speed.

When checked to use RPM it works great!

The max and min BLM values bias the trim to allowing way more to be added and virtually nothing subtracted. The min default value is 108 units (whatever that means) So I just arbitrarily lowered it to 100 units and at least on my engine it was able to subtract at least 12% in testing.

BLM settings..PNG
BLM settings..PNG (203.22 KiB) Viewed 1980 times
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Some guesses: It sounds like an oversight. I think factory code used +/- 128 presumably to get max resolultion for a byte, but maybe also just because its halfway. But 128 is harder to work for corrections so 12P made it a percentage, so +/- from 100. So limit of 108 would have given up to -20 from 128 and was probably not updated in the calibration part of the bins when that change happened. Probably 80 or 90 would be better values to allow up to 20 or 10% less fuel.

Note that I could be wrong on any of this as its a long time since I've looked in this much detail. I definitely do recall a time when some bins used 128 and some used 100 for BLM though.

Added your post to the FAQ, thanks Vlad!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I'm glad this was brought up as it made it clear there was an issue somewhere and I never would have looked otherwise.

I love figuring out and learning new things when it comes to the trusty 12P, even after more than a decade of tuning :thumbup:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Haven't had a chance to try things out yet but looking at the ADX the range settings ar 80 to 110 so it may well be set up as you say as a percentage. I'm still very sceptical it will work with the reaings I got last time showing 100 in all cells some well outside the 14.7 area. Shame VL400 isn't around to give some insight into it.