BCM Simulator

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: BCM Simulator

Post by VL400 »

That is correct, however I want to confirm there are no differences before confirming it can work with the PIM on LSx vehicles.
goliath57

Post by goliath57 »

Hi All,
Just wondering if this device could help me.
I have recently completed a vt 5lt conversion with matching automatic gearbox into a vl commodore running the factory computer with VATS removed.
I have 2 problems i was hoping someone can help me with
Firstly I"m running AU thermo fans which were wired onto an output from the computer, issue is they pretty much run constantly from start up as I have since found out originally they run from the BCM and this output via the computer is basically a safety type output.

Secondly the power, economy mode for the gearbox I need to find some way to activate the lamp on the dash to correspond with what mode the computer is actually in as again this output is controlled via the BCM.

Thanks In advance for any info/help
VL400

Post by VL400 »

On a VT the unit can do..
- VATS
- Low Speed Fan Control
- A/C Control
- Check Engine Light
- Power/Econ Light

It should solve the two issues you mention, PM me if you do want one (pretty sure I have a couple left still).
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

What's one of these worth and how do I go about ordering one?
VL400

Post by VL400 »

They are $175. Note however that they are also nothing like what is shown in the first post of this thread, the rev 2 BCM sim is now all surface mount and in a aluminium case. Will start a new thread on the new version later, I do have a few available so PM me if you want to get one :thumbup:
CWAT
cars: EH Holden

Post by CWAT »

I have a VY series 2 pcm (stand alone) into an Early Holden with ecotech V6 & 4L60E. I sent the PCM away & had the EGR & BCM deleted but the fans run non stop (almost as if its from nuisance dtc trigger). The DTC's I have are P0405 EGR position fault, P1255 Theft Deterrent Signal Missing, & P1064 Low Speed FanNo BCM Response.

Plugging in an EGR makes no difference & the data list shows absolutely zero values to the EGR items on the data list. The question is how best can I deal with this situation? Would a BCM simulator remedy this & where can I purchase one?
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Need the DTC set right as there's no BCM. That's why the fan is in all the time.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

BCM sim will fix the fan issue, and give you low and high speed fan control.

The theft deterrent error should have been disabled. And egr can be masked.

As you can log the pcm you can possibly read and write the cal with the flashtool to fix these errors. Are you using a scan tool or laptop with an aldl interface?