Tunerpro 5 and OBDII

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
JP86SS
cars: 86' Monte SS, 5.7L, 700R4, 730 S_AUJP V4, $8D, GP3 & Autoprom, NVSRAM, all the goodies!

Re: Tunerpro 5 and OBDII

Post by JP86SS »

I've gotten the ELM327 plug in to work with the supplied ADX but it is only 3 PIDs.
I'm having trouble figuring out why the command is so complex compared to what I've read is required to request the current data.
Should be like "0x01 0x 01 for a sample but the commad in the ADX is a lot more hex characters.
What am I missing?

Glad to help create a full definition for the std OBDII set of parameters.
Also am interested in finding the GM specific PIDs.
TIA,
JP
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

I believe the elm requires commands to be sent as the ascii reprentation of the hex characters from tunerpro. so if you want to send F0 for example youd have to send 0x46 0x30 (which is 30 = hex for 0 and 46 = hex for F)

ive made an adx to suit another type of cable but my cable just needs straight hex commands... you can see my adx here to get the commands for a lot of the GM pids.
https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... =10&t=2314
Saegs
cars: 2000 VT Commodore
1978 TD Gemini Wagon
1984 GZ10 Soarer

Post by Saegs »

Hi,

New to tunerpro and ls1 pcm's.

Im in the process of fitting a LS1 into a camero skiboat. Ive got the engine on a stand with sensors hooked up.

Ive downloaded the adx and can connect to my pcm fine but my values are all over the place eg, battery voltage is 78-90 volts
kph and rpm is all over the place .

Just wondering if ive got some values wrong in adx or what could cause these erratic values.

Cheers,

Justin
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

what type of cable are you using to connect ?

try changing the echo settings ?
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

Try sending ATSP2 and / or ATE0 , sometimes elms wont auto detect vpw protocol properly .
Besides sending ATSP2 it should work on defaults , if you still cant get it working let me know and ill add a routine to the adx so it sets up correctly on connection.
crum

Post by crum »

Hi currently trying to connect to a 2001 VU pcm but not having any luck. The cable seems to be talking to tunerpro and reading at 72ish hz but I'm not getting any live data on the gauges. Is there any specific settings inside tunerpro which need to be swapped? Or does the baud rate for the com port need to be set to 38400?
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

I wrote this adx a long time ago , cant remember the settings required , would probably have been default elm settings.However not all elms are set up with same defaults.
Tazzi has developed a more superior tool recently called Software on Elm Street , it will enable you to read all sae pids as well as some manufacturer specific pids and read /clear codes .
It also incorporates elm setup routines to suit his software , I would suggest using that instead.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

vn5000 wrote:I wrote this adx a long time ago , cant remember the settings required , would probably have been default elm settings.However not all elms are set up with same defaults.
Tazzi has developed a more superior tool recently called Software on Elm Street , it will enable you to read all sae pids as well as some manufacturer specific pids and read /clear codes .
It also incorporates elm setup routines to suit his software , I would suggest using that instead.
:thumbup:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
crum

Post by crum »

Sounds like that might be the go. Will the software work with the elm cable I've already got? It looks identical to the one on your site. Also when you make the purchase do you get emailed a download link or is the software mailed out on a cd?
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

crum wrote:Sounds like that might be the go. Will the software work with the elm cable I've already got? It looks identical to the one on your site. Also when you make the purchase do you get emailed a download link or is the software mailed out on a cd?
Gday,

There are 100's, if not thousands of different ELMs available on the web. Just because they look the same, doesnt mean they are. The part that is important is the actual internals/PCB inside the device that does all the processing and communication with the vehicle, and unfortunately these are not all equal between different manufactures.

Its kinda like having two identical Black VE SS commodores side by side, yet one does not have an engine, you wouldnt know unless you opened up the car or tried to use/start the car. (Thats the best analogy I could think of :thumbup: )

More then welcome to use your own device though! I just personally test all my units on multiple ECUs to ensure functionality.

The software is freely available to download from website downloads page. And all information/transaction details/license is sent to you after purchase.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726