[Information] ALDL Basics

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
Holden202T

Re: [Information] ALDL Basics

Post by Holden202T »

well you can probably log 260 baud with scanner pro but im not sure of the data stream coming out of the vn .... if it doesn't have the info in it then it don't matter what you use .....

having said that there are some handy functions in scanner pro for logging stuff into tables etc ..... but yeah all depends on what comes out of it....
VNracer34G
cars: VN V6 Production Saloon

Post by VNracer34G »

Holden202 wrote:well you can probably log 260 baud with scanner pro
260 :wtf: you mean 160 baud?
Build it, Race it, Break/Bend it ; Repeat.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i have some max 232 chips can soon setup a vn ecu with fast aldl for you just will have to make a vr tune into a vn one so you get faster aldl :comp: i hate doing that LOL takes a while to tune to get it too run like a stock bin but is doable will just take me some fuel
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VNracer34G

Post by VNracer34G »

sounds like a bit of i mish and i want to keep my 808 as 'stock' as possible on the off chance i get a tech inspection if people get pissy about the old girl going too fast, shit just having a zif socket in there makes me nervous. I have a reader/burner on the wish list for the new year and a header so i can have an unmolested (no offence to your skills) memcal in it, i just want to be able to log off the ALDL plug in a format that makes sense to me i.e mixture, accel enrichment, spark advance etc.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

easy solution! just plug in a VR Manual Ecu if you can find one... it has the faster, more comprehensive aldl built into it standard :D
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i can soon hide it and stock a stock eprom sticker back on on i have a fair pile of them ive pulled off but its faster and easier to send tunes in chip form once you are happy with a final result ill burn it too a stock memcal and glue the sticker back on :D
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VNracer34G

Post by VNracer34G »

delcowizzid wrote:i can soon hide it and stock a stock eprom sticker back on on i have a fair pile of them ive pulled off but its faster and easier to send tunes in chip form once you are happy with a final result ill burn it too a stock memcal and glue the sticker back on :D
:shh: :silent:

Hahaa you are a mind reader
marcwolf
cars: Holden Commodore VS Series II (Equipe) 1996 3.8L Ecotec motor

Post by marcwolf »

Hi.
I have a VS Ecotec automatic. Where can I find a list of the Mode 1 frames so I can experiment with decoding them myself. I am more interested in seeing what is happening rather than changing specs.

Many thanks
Dave
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

I dont have a full list of mode 1 frames for a VS, the code hack is still a work in progress. Attached is as far as I got with it.
Attachments
VS_Mode1.zip
(1.88 KiB) Downloaded 740 times
marcwolf
cars: Holden Commodore VS Series II (Equipe) 1996 3.8L Ecotec motor

Post by marcwolf »

Hi VL400
Many thanks for the information. I am still understanding how VLDL works. If I can ask a few quick pointers.

Re Mode 1.. Is it a Ask and Response system i.e.

I want Mode 1, Message 5
Sent Mode 1 Message 5 Frame

or a

I want mode 1
Send Mode 1, message 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ect

Part of my work is process controll interfacing and I am often making PC's chat with other dedicated equipment.
Take care
Dave