[Information] ALDL Basics

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
Holden202T

Re: [Information] ALDL Basics

Post by Holden202T »

no but it should work! I was almost going to use this to get a speedo on my trimatic equipped setup but found an alternative solution.
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

matt304 wrote:I did not have the RS232 Echo box checked. Hard ware is not connecting.Saying cable is found. Bottom of screen is "Not Emulating" "Hardware not found" "DA:Not Connected. Connected to car again. Not working. Checkes DLC in car. Has power and earth. All looks ok
The Echo check box should be selected. "Saying cable is found" is good. Does it also find the cable when plugged into the car, with the ignition in the Off position? (That would also be good.) Finally, it may be helpful to know more about this cable.

Joe.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

matt304 might have this sorted I suspect, was in 2012!
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

VL400 wrote:matt304 might have this sorted I suspect, was in 2012!
Oops! This thread had come back to life, but I forgot to check the date of that particular post. My bad.

Joe.
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

Hi Ryan,

In the opening post, it states :

"VR/VS ... This data bus allows for only one device to communicate at a time and connects all the major modules – BCM, ABS, SRS, ECM etc."

To avoid confusion, it would be helpful to note here that in the VS, the SRS has its own separate data bus.

Joe.