LS1 ADX V1.6 to suit Tunercat OBD2 Cable, AVT 852

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
Jayme

Re: LS1 ADX V1.6 to suit Tunercat OBD2 Cable, AVT 852

Post by Jayme »

ummmmm I have logged a VZ ls1 with this adx before but I didnt sit there and look too hard at the tps lol. im not sure if it shows pedal position or throttle body position!! perhaps you can tell us :P

I dont know of any other programs that can flash with an AVT other than JETDST and Tunercats (which you cannot buy anymore) antus has a flashtool that can read bins using the AVT but im not sure if he will add write to it or when.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The Dimentedx24x7 flash tool works with the AVT but I dont think it supports 1Mb PCM as they are an Aussie thing. Write may be coming to my tool, though the project is on the back burner now. Too many projects and not enough time.

His tool is in post #4 here: http://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-prom ... flash.html
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
cjcalhoun85

Post by cjcalhoun85 »

Will this tool datalog a 1mb pcm from 2003-early 2007 trucks? Planning on getting a cable soon I hope.
Highlander
cars: Z06

Post by Highlander »

I think i still have the first prototype for the AVT cable ever made.
quadstar87

Post by quadstar87 »

Can anyone get me started on how to modify this ADX to work with a OBDLink-Mx bluetooth adapter instead of an AVT cable? It supports CAN and VPW as well but i'm assuming some pieces of the connection macro need changed and I don't know where to start. This is awesome work, thank you!
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Its completely different. The MX is an update/improved/genuine elm so start with the elm adx. The hard part compared to this avt is that you will need to send and receive data as ascii hex, not raw which is not great to work with in tunerpro.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
quadstar87

Post by quadstar87 »

antus wrote:Its completely different. The MX is an update/improved/genuine elm so start with the elm adx. The hard part compared to this avt is that you will need to send and receive data as ascii hex, not raw which is not great to work with in tunerpro.
Thanks for the tips. I'll take a look at the generic adx files out there for ALDLdroid that work with the MX and see if I can make any progress.
evilstuie
cars: 1985 Pontiac TransAM

Post by evilstuie »

This gem just saved me a full day of screwing around with a cheap chinese obd2 dongle that is faulty.

My 0411PCM SBC project doesn't want to start and I'm chasing the cause, first I wired the OBD2 port in wrong which i think killed the dongel. then the right coil pack/injectors had no power.
Now it still wont start but I cant pull DTC's from the PCM to see whats causing it not to start.

I know (assume) the DTC codes are wiped when the PCM loses power, but when I try to send the DTC macro using TunerPro RT and the adx the command list is blank. Am i doing something wrong, how do I load the macros to the send command drop down bar?

If I can get that working on this PC, I'll lug everything downstairs and plug it in to the car and hopefully get some DTCs to track down the source of the problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Load the ADX, then view->toolbars->enabled data aquisition send command
Then a drop down bar with "fault code macro" and "clear codes" macro in it appears in the tool bar, pick the one you want and hit send.
Results appear on the "item list" page.

0000 is deafult/not populated. any other numbers you see are from the car.
Attachments
avt vpw dtcs setup.png
avt vpw dtcs setup.png (35.69 KiB) Viewed 27901 times
avt vpw dtcs.png
avt vpw dtcs.png (33.57 KiB) Viewed 27901 times
Highlander
cars: Z06

Post by Highlander »

Is there a way to add custom measurements to this?