Logs Jumping

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
trikky73
cars: VS V6 Sedan

Re: Logs Jumping

Post by trikky73 »

will have a look in efi live again to see if there are any checksum error

also going to try using a shielded cable from the ECU to the ALDL port to see if it is electrical noise that is the issue

times like this I wish I still had a cro....might see if I still have one lying around the office :shh:
trikky73

Post by trikky73 »

OK ran a shielded cable to the ALDL connector and made zip difference :rant:

did a log using efi live and no data loss nice stable readings while driving along

will try and get a cro onto the data line and earth to see if there is noise on it that could be corrupting the data in TP
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Starting to sound more like TP and not your car if EFILive works fine. I couldnt see a way to configure TP to use the checksum of a received data frame, will ask the question on the TP forums.

EDIT: Will setup an ADX that uses the header field, it might then just drop a single frame - hopefully!
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

I've observed similar things with TP, one thing I noticed with an old laptop is TP couldn't cope if a lot of histograms and monitors were running whole logging, but once I removed them was more stable.
Yoda69
trikky73

Post by trikky73 »

don't think it is the laptop as mine is just on 12mths old fairly high spec'd Toshiba but I will try it with the wife's laptop to see if it makes any difference
trikky73

Post by trikky73 »

ok seems like I have had success tonight, after talking to THE1 during the day he suggested I remove the earth bolt on the drivers side guard and clean the paint off where the star washer goes. well did that and logs were much more stable so I tried disabling chatter on the connection command and bingo data was rock solid. I didn't click the record button properly so I didnt get the log. drinks time now so will go for a drive in the morning and make sure I record it this time.

So looks like it is just noise form a poor earth corrupting the data
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Excellent result :thumbup: Still odd that EFILive was able to work ok but TP was not. The bus chatter was my first thought on this problem actually, thought it was the low speed fan message but the coolant temp was different each time in your log where it froze - it was never going to be that easy!
trikky73

Post by trikky73 »

yeah Nigel got me to try the chatter bit earlier in the week but it made no difference at the time

now just to sort out my LPG issues and I will be all happy
trikky73

Post by trikky73 »

Ok there have been some minor glitches that THE1 and I have been chasing down for the last couple of months now
On a last ditch effort to sort the glitches out, the laptop I normally use runs Win7 64bit so I put a spare HDD in it and installed Win7 32bit and did some logs and it is now rock solid no signs of glitching at all
Attachments
b.xdl
latest log using win7 32bit
(183.59 KiB) Downloaded 366 times
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Interesting, it could be the FTDI driver maybe? I have not been able to replicate this on my win7 64 machine yet. It also only seems to happen on some V6s. So, the earth strap didnt seem to totally fix it, just helped a bit? Or really made no difference??