GM Reverse Engineering

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
VX L67 Getrag

Re: TECH2 Logging

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah strange thing with the timeout with me when I had issues & had to re-enter security 20 times before it accepted it the timeout never changed but I knew what the code was & just kept sending the same(correct) code so maybe the snap-on tool just never actually sent it, but who knows as I wasn't listening in on it!
jca
cars: HQ monaro
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

Post by jca »

Yep Tazzi and vx l67 getrag I did try a the code that match the ECM earlier but I'm confident that I have the correct pim code as the code I'm using allowed me to reset the pim with tech2
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

jca wrote:Yep Tazzi and vx l67 getrag I did try a the code that match the ECM earlier but I'm confident that I have the correct pim code as the code I'm using allowed me to reset the pim with tech2
So you got it to accept eventually?

In the tech2 menu, I think it said there was 8 previous failed attempts when I was testing. Which lead to the device being locked out for over a day. A tad stupid if you ask me, so no wonder every mechanic including Holden dislike plating with anything security related on the VZ's. :lol:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
jca
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

Post by jca »

Hi tazzi I couldn't get it to accept it I havnt tryed hooking up to tis yet I ve left the pim powered up over night so will try again tomorrow
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

jca wrote:Hi tazzi I couldn't get it to accept it I havnt tryed hooking up to tis yet I ve left the pim powered up over night so will try again tomorrow
Tech2 should say how many attempts there have been, and also the "timeout" time which needs to be waited before next attempt.

Unfortunately TIS will no help here :thumbdown:
jca
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

Post by jca »

Not sure it dosnt say a time out period it just asks for tis approval straight up where as in the past ive been able to change the pim data / configuration a couple times before it asks gor tis approval I thought if I can get the pim back to the stage where I can modify it with out tis approval I might be able to lnk it with my ultra scan?
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

jca wrote:Not sure it dosnt say a time out period it just asks for tis approval straight up where as in the past ive been able to change the pim data / configuration a couple times before it asks gor tis approval I thought if I can get the pim back to the stage where I can modify it with out tis approval I might be able to lnk it with my ultra scan?
Ahhhh right. yes I get what your saying now. TIS approval happens after using "TIS" accessing features a few times. I think from memory, its 6 times you can use a TIS function before you need to re-do security access update. :thumbup:
jca
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

Post by jca »

Ok I logged on to tis and I still couldn't link it just would nt take the code so I put all the original modules back in the vehicle and done a pim and ecu reset and it all linked up fine the problem with the original ecm was o2 sensor heater codes and would nt go in to closed loop even when I disabled the fault codes with hpt so I put the s/h ecm in and tryed to do a ecm reset using the immobizer code to match the vin on the s/h ecm it still wouldn't take the code but it also didnt say incorrect code I tryed on my bench harness as well I also tryed yesterday with my ultrscan to avoid buying a tis subscription my feeling is the ultrascan has disrupted the security code/function of the s/h ecm I can still read and write using hpt I had another s/h ecm I installed and tryed to reset in the vehicle using its matching immobizer code based on the vin in the ecm but tech 2 wouldn't allow it as it was in its incorrect environment so I removed it from the vehicle and was able to do a reset on the bench I then installed it in the vehicle and used the pims immobizer code and it all linked up writing the pims code to the ecm and every thing works as it should so basically if using a s/h it needs to be resett in the wreck/donor vehicle using its matching immobizer code then installed in the new vehicle and link up using the new vehicles pim immobizer code tech 2 wouldn't even consider doing a link with out a ecm resett and I think aftermarket scan tools are usless for programming vz's (mine anyway) also the new ecm fixed my o2 sensor problems
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

jca wrote:Ok I logged on to tis and I still couldn't link it just would nt take the code so I put all the original modules back in the vehicle and done a pim and ecu reset and it all linked up fine the problem with the original ecm was o2 sensor heater codes and would nt go in to closed loop even when I disabled the fault codes with hpt so I put the s/h ecm in and tryed to do a ecm reset using the immobizer code to match the vin on the s/h ecm it still wouldn't take the code but it also didnt say incorrect code I tryed on my bench harness as well I also tryed yesterday with my ultrscan to avoid buying a tis subscription my feeling is the ultrascan has disrupted the security code/function of the s/h ecm I can still read and write using hpt I had another s/h ecm I installed and tryed to reset in the vehicle using its matching immobizer code based on the vin in the ecm but tech 2 wouldn't allow it as it was in its incorrect environment so I removed it from the vehicle and was able to do a reset on the bench I then installed it in the vehicle and used the pims immobizer code and it all linked up writing the pims code to the ecm and every thing works as it should so basically if using a s/h it needs to be resett in the wreck/donor vehicle using its matching immobizer code then installed in the new vehicle and link up using the new vehicles pim immobizer code tech 2 wouldn't even consider doing a link with out a ecm resett and I think aftermarket scan tools are usless for programming vz's (mine anyway) also the new ecm fixed my o2 sensor problems
Good to hear you got it sorted!

Ah right, Iv been doing resets on ECU's using completely random BCM/PIM where nothings linked or linked to different devices ect. What I did find, is I couldnt do anything without a BCM and valid key inserted otherwise it seems everything fails!

Good to see you got a s/h ecu in! :thumbup:
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Glad you got it sorted!!

Seems strange with my scan tool I've tested with 3 different pcm's that haven't matched vehicles in each car & seemed to link up whether the reset was done or not on each car no matter what I did, but I do remember reading about needing to be reset in it's environment but I know for a fact the snap-on scan tool allowed reset with just ecm by itself!