GM Reverse Engineering

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
jca
cars: HQ monaro
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

Re: TECH2 Logging

Post by jca »

If you do a full flash with efi it should just link itself but if the os dosnt match the rest of the car will cause problems I never change os on ve s cause lots of weird problems
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Write entire with any software doesn't affect linking at all its on a seperate part of the controller!
jca
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

Post by jca »

With efi when u do a full flash you can set the controller to automatically link in x amount of key cycles its not required if its the vehicles orginial controller but if ur doing a flash on the bench it will link as soon as u put it in the vehicle
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Oh is that with the e38 mentioned in other post?

Sorry I was talking about the VX-VE v6 controllers!
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Tre-Cool wrote:any idea how the e38 ecu links with the bcm? I have put in a later model e38 in my brothers car (better os for larger injectors/quasi launch control) and cannot work out how the frack it re-links. I've gone as far as disabling vats in the tune to get it running for now, but it still logs p0513, P1629.

I have a tech 2 and efilive and I've tried telling the ecu to relink via efilive just like I do with ls1 pcm's and nada.
Im assuming for E38, this is a VE commodore?

linking between BCM, immo and ECU is like the VZ V6, where each module has the immob value saved into it and these are exchanged between one another. Well, something like that.

Iv only been figuring out how to get this key to allow resetting. Havent done a bcm-ecu relink yet :thumbup:

What happens when you try a relink ECU when in the tech2 VE options?. Id assume you can select that the "ECU has been changed", and then you enter the correct immob for the ecu if its not reset?
I dont have an E38 on bench to tinker with, I have a VE BCM but missing the E38.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

This is a later model e38 ecu so different part number and different OS, in a 06/07 VE SS.

Apart from having to have vats turned off in the tune and clutch requirement disabled it starts and runs like it did. Haven't driven it out of the driveway as the clutch is knackered anyway.
jca
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

Post by jca »

I ve never had a problem linking e38 in ve or vz but the bosch ecu is a nightmare in the vz I havnt tryed a v6 ve but a few holden techs reckon a vz is the worst
jca
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

Post by jca »

Yep tazzi im trying to find out the immobizer code for the ecm to do a reset so I can link it to the vehicle silly question so is the pcm seed key different to the immobizer code?
jca
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

Post by jca »

Also how long does the pim time out for it seems to have locked up and requesting tis approval on the tech 2 ive been trying to link with my ultrscan and it comes up with security access denied
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

jca wrote:Yep tazzi im trying to find out the immobizer code for the ecm to do a reset so I can link it to the vehicle silly question so is the pcm seed key different to the immobizer code?
Immobilizer code is completely different to that of the "seed/key".

The "seed/key" is used to unlock the ecu allowing things such as read/write access to the ecu. Generally used in tuning software or to update ECU software version.
Immob code is a 4digit code that is synced between the main security devices that is verified on startup before allowing the vehicle to run.

Hope that clears that up a little :thumbup:
jca wrote:Also how long does the pim time out for it seems to have locked up and requesting tis approval on the tech 2 ive been trying to link with my ultrscan and it comes up with security access denied
The PIM timeout gets worse everytime you enter an incorrect value. I think I had my PIM up to 24hours of something during my testing since I kept inputting it incorrectly. Meaning I would have to wait 24 hours with the thing powered on before I could enter in the next immob key test.

If the tech2 is asking for tis approval, then youll need that first before being able to do anything. But, theres no point in having that if you have no idea what the code is for the PIM!
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726