VS V8 adx files

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
Maxxx
cars: VS Commodore ute and a VY Commodore ute

VS V8 adx files

Post by Maxxx »

Hello all. I'm just getting started with all of this and I have my computer,turnerpro and my cable all working. I've looked at the adx files and don't see one that is foe a VS V8 manual and I'm wondering what is the best one to use.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: VS V8 adx files

Post by Dylan »

That would be the almighty $12P code done by VL400, he's a guru around here.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

the 12P is to replace the whole tune. if you just want to log a stock VS manual, use the VR $12 adx out of Delcowizzids post.
Maxxx

Post by Maxxx »

Thank you for the replies. Can I use one adx. file to do a log then view the log using a different adx. file? The reason I ask is I couldn't get the VR$12 file to connect to my car but I could get the VT $A6 to connect and log.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well if that vt adx is working it sound like you might have a series 3 vs v8 ? does it have a maf sensor in the inlet tract ?

no need to use $12 adx at all if the vt one works for you, but to answer your question, no you wont be able to open a $12 log with the $A6 adx, it might display info but it will be wrong..... (that's if it actually displays anything at all)
Maxxx

Post by Maxxx »

Thanks holden202. It is a series 3 ute, and the and it does have a MAF sensor. I used the VT adx. and logged the car on my way to work(about an hour long log) so I have a bit of info. What I would like to do is look at the history of the log but it only has 4 or 5 graphs in the history foer me to choose from. Is there a way to add more things to choose to view in the history or is this determined by the adx.?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Do you mean the monitors? You can right click and change whats displayed. If you want to collect history graphs, then you need to edit the adx and add what you need. If you have the log saved you can create a new history graph from the data that was logged, then replay the log to create a new one. for the most part history average type is the go. And yes, series 3 vs v8 was the production trial of the VT engine before the VT was released so it is much more closely related to VT and for most if not all purposes you can consider it a VT engine.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Maxxx

Post by Maxxx »

Hi Ant. I know how to change the monitors to view what I want, but the history tables currently only have 5 tables in them and I'd like to add more. I had a read in the tunerpro help section but I still don't know how to find the info I'm looking for or how to add it. This might be a good thing for the you tube tutorials.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

You need to edit the ADX (the small cogs on the menu bar or under Acquisition and then edit defnition.

Will get this window, choose history tables and add new item...
HistoryTable.png
HistoryTable.png (41.49 KiB) Viewed 7416 times

Can copy existing items to get an idea of what to put in there.
Maxxx

Post by Maxxx »

Thanks VL400. I had a look and found out how to add a table. I was able to add a table but ran out of time before I added the scales to the tables( RPM numbers etc). I have soooooo much to learn about what I'm looking at and what I can do with it. All of this at this time is a learning excercise for me, it's something that I want to learn so I can apply it later.