cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: ALDL Logger V2

Post by Charlescrown »

Back playing with 11P and faced with the same problem. No log playing in Tunerpro. I'm using VL400's logger and the log file written for it. It says it's playing but no data is there. It also said it needed antusNVRAMPlugin.dll but I'm not using a NVRAM. Any help is appreciated.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I'm about to dust mine off for this weekends racing, the last time I had it out I had similar issues :thumbdown:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I hope you have better luck than me. I usually write stuff down when I solve a problem but missed this one.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

That sucks, I'm still having the same issue but haven't looked at it much further however I'm just in the process of fitting new headers and pipes to the Calais so I'll be mounting a WBO2 permanently so I'll be looking to datalog and really get the tune sorted soon.

Really want to see what we can do with lean cruise to improve fuel mileage.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I'm really keen to see what revs I'm hitting in the corners and straights so I have a basis for improvment.

I have made a diff ratio since last year as I was clipping the limiter at the end of the straight...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I never had one of these but just took a quick look to see what you were talking about. It looks like the SD directory in the zip goes on the SD Card in the logger, and it's used with those ADX files. I believe the maths engine in the logger isnt as good as tunerpro so it has to use those, which are built in a compatible way. On the PC, I think you should try it with the normal ADX. If the data format is the same as the version it was packaged with, it should work. antusNVRAMPlugin is long dead and was replaced with OSEPlugin, so its just a sign that the adx was built a long time ago. Using the standard ADX on PC should solve that. (Havn't tested any of this, though). Tunerpro just saves the data packets in the XDL so if the data itself is the same format it (and I think it likely is) it should be fine.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I'll give it a go but there is someting about the ADX files for the logger that are different to the ones I used with a laptop. The logger works fine with 12P and the ADX file written for the logger but not 11P.
Well the tunerpro ADX didn't work. Blank data still.
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

IIRC you just need to change *one* of the parameters in the ADX then resave and when it reloads it work. EIther that or it was *one* of the calculated parameters. It some sort of bug with how the log file is compiled in the logger from memory.

I have been able to get logs to display in the past by fiddling with the ADX, like others - one of those things i didnt write down at the time. Oh how the years pass on by...
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

ejukated wrote:IIRC you just need to change *one* of the parameters in the ADX then resave and when it reloads it work. EIther that or it was *one* of the calculated parameters. It some sort of bug with how the log file is compiled in the logger from memory.

I have been able to get logs to display in the past by fiddling with the ADX, like others - one of those things i didnt write down at the time. Oh how the years pass on by...
That's what Vl400 did with mine but I too can't find any info on what he did exactly or the posts where he mentioned what fixed the issue.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

since the logger just saves packets, it must be to do with the packet length or the header length. When the data length is the same, should work. Newer tunerpro might be a newer adx format, edit length to +1 or +2 in the logger adx in a text editor maybe? compare header and length between 11p 1.04 adx and the logger adx (though I think its locked)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396