cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: ALDL Logger V2

Post by Charlescrown »

Thanks for that. My instructions is V1.10 and has nothing in it but that says it all. Something I will look at to have some fun in the race car.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

happy to help if i can regarding the g-force sensor, that was my feature suggestion.

i am not sure if he mounted them to loggers like mine is, he might have added it to the PCB design for later versions!
g-sensor.jpg
g-sensor.jpg (195.89 KiB) Viewed 11332 times
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Thanks. First question is where did you buy the sensor in the pic? It looks easy enough to install.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

search ebay for "ADXL335" ... you need to make sure its an analog output one as per above with the gnd/vcc then the 3 x analog outputs (X,Y,Z).

but i am wondering yours is already showing data does it not have it in there ? i would have thought if it didnt have the accelerometer in it VL400 would have put a firmware on it without that in it .... but i could be wrong ... i guess go to that screen and move the logger around, if the dot moves its probably already installed.

this one looks like the exact unit i have https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/265016050169
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I don't think its really showing data because you move it around and it just stays in the same spot. Looks like I'll have to look inside. I am sure mine was one of the early ones but I thought he only made one batch. Boy I didn't think it would be so cheap so figure if I do order one from China best buy a few knowing their reputation for quality.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

ahh right, well if you put it in as i did you should be right then. i just tried to make it parrallel to the pcb, and used one of the big earth pads already there and just added solder to it to fill the gap to my accelerometer board. then just connect the wiring as above.

i cant remember which one it was , but the Z axis as you can see goes to one of the analog input pins on the serial plug, it just means you cant use that for an external device input.
vp304

Post by vp304 »

Is there anything like this around still that i can use in my vr commodore on 11p ?
Just need something that can display basic features like coolant temp tps iat timing knock etc on a small screen.

In one of my other cars im just using one of these
https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/engine ... 90EALw_wcB
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I doubt you will get your hands on one. VL400 made them a few years back and we don't see him around these days. Because of their capabilities you will be hard pressed to find a second hand one.
vp304

Post by vp304 »

Charlescrown wrote:I doubt you will get your hands on one. VL400 made them a few years back and we don't see him around these days. Because of their capabilities you will be hard pressed to find a second hand one.

Dammm :(