immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: ALDL Logger V2

Post by immortality »

Holden202T wrote:i just looked back at old emails, i got this:

http://www.symtechlabs.com/catalog/inte ... -p-49.html

and then a k type EGT probe off ebay:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/381727848887

i got the 90 degree one as it suited my needs better.

and then just a jaycar plastic box for it.
Damn, everything I need in one simple answer, couldn't ask for better :thumbup: :punk:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

:thumbup:

not quite! i forgot to give you the ADX calc!

X * 1.22
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Anybody know of a way to have the wideband read out work without having a ECU connection?
Like having the logger powered up and a wideband connected and installed on a carby vehicle for example? Just like using it as a gauge, which I don't have.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah you can put the wideband analogue output into one of the loggers inputs, I actually do that normally, log through the loggers input and also have the same wire feeding a signal into the delco analogue input.

main reason I did it was so I could get the faster logging speed when using the logger, but then still have the wideband in there when using the dyno etc tuning real time.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Yes I do that to. But the wideband display wont show any readings untill connected to a ECU. Even with the wideband wire to the logger.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Thats correct, you cant do what you want without being connected. The logger does all the math for displayed items between logging packets, this is normally free time waiting for the ECU, so without being connected it does not run that code.

Would need custom or modified firmware to make it just a display. There is a custom display firmware for VT to VY that could do the job with minor mods. It displays things when not connected.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

That sounds promising maybe one day if you have some other mods to do for a public release it could be handy but I don't want to create any potential problems.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Setting up a new ADX to suit the V2 logger but having some issues. Logger connects but then disconnects after about 5 seconds. I copied settings over from the old ADX but there are a few differences and not sure what else to change.

Old
_VXSC_PASSAUX.adx
(138.82 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
New
VXSC_PASAUX1.adx
(139.9 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
The old ADX worked fine except some issues with the fuel trim data. The1 updated the ADX but made a fair few changes in the Commands section and I'm not sure how that would effect things with the logger.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

There are a few commands that need changing for a passive setup, for a start its not listening for the heartbeat frame and the data request/process frames are not correct names or formats.

If you want to continue with this new one I can convert it, if its just to fix the fuel trims as per your other post attach an XDL and will fix that instead.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll Add the files in my other thread.