cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Setting up Wideband Datalogging Input Video

Post by vlad01 »

Dylan wrote:
vlad01 wrote:I suppose you could compare to the NB when in closed loop. Log both and compare, if its the same, I would leave it.
This was my idea as well but yet to try. How do you find the simulated narrow band output?
It's inactive half the time on my current set up.

seems to work but I do find its simulated output has greater voltage range than of a real NB, doesn't really matter as you don't use the NB for extreme rich or lean reading anyway.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

well the verdict is, the output measured from WB output to electronics ground is actually very slightly above 5V I measured 5.04V at these points as well as the WB output and ground plane on the ECU itself.

now the interesting part is, that is with the WB output free floating and not connected. as soon as it is connected its drops to 4.96V. So the ECU analogue input is sinking the voltage slightly.

Even more interesting is, I had a needle pushed into the WB output wire so I could measure while it was connected to the ECU. I discovered that the tyres in the car are conductive :lol:

If I touched the wire while isolated from the car and standing up with my boots on, there was no additional drop, WB reading sat at 18.8AFR, soon as I also touched the ground with my hand or knee or any part of my skin on the floor the voltage dropped some and the AFR dropped by 0.5AFR :shock:

If I touched the grounding point on the car so I added a circuit from WB output to the body ground through my own body, the same amount of drop was seen. When I touched only the WB wire and the concrete floor with my skin without touching any part of the car, its concludes the tyres are somewhat conductive, and so is the concrete lol.

Conclusion from that is, the WB output is very very low current and takes virtually nothing to drop the voltage. Given that it actually is outputting a very accurate 5V more or less at full lean, should be able to adjust the AFR @ 5V setting until it reads 20. I adjusted it to 21.4 to get it to read at 20. So hopefully is will be more accurate now?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I noticed today on power up my 14point7 wideband goes to (I will have to check logs) reading of around 13 then 16 for a s3cond each thdn to the real time reading. Seems like a boot up sequence. Could help with calibrating.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

really? cool.

might check it out tomorrow.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

vlad01 wrote:now the interesting part is, that is with the WB output free floating and not connected. as soon as it is connected its drops to 4.96V. So the ECU analogue input is sinking the voltage slightly.
The wideband input on the '808 has a 51K resistor to ground on the input, then a low pass filter with an 18Hz cut-off. So for DC signals it will have a very small amount of current drawn. A fast changing analog signal will present a higher impedance to the wb controller. The change from 5.04v to 4.96v is 0.16AFR so shouldnt need a huge adjustment to the 0/5V scalars.

You can get 12P to display the voltage it measure on the wideband input. Set the 0V AFR to 0 and 5V AFR to 25.5. The calc for wideband in TP changes to X/51

Dylan wrote:I noticed today on power up my 14point7 wideband goes to (I will have to check logs) reading of around 13 then 16 for a s3cond each thdn to the real time reading. Seems like a boot up sequence. Could help with calibrating.
Sounds like the 'Output Sequencer' they mention on the products page maybe? Useful feature if it is :thumbup:
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 3&start=20

I copied this from the mega squirt forum. Posted by Alan To the owner of 14point7.

If you look at the first 5 seconds of the log, there are 2 flat lines. Every time Spartan starts up, for the first 3 seconds the output will be 1.66v, the next 3 seconds will be 3.33v, for gasoline fuel 1.66v = 13.333AFR and 3.33v = 16.667 AFR.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

awesome! will have a look for sure.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

had a play with it, it sure does the calibration sequence on start up. mine were are 13.2 and 16.5. So I adjusted the 0V afr to 10.1 and the 5V afr to 21.5 and now my points go like this.

16.6(flickering to and from 16.7)
20.0 (flickering to and from 20.1)

Close enough :punk:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

lock it in eddy!