vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Setting up Wideband Datalogging Input Video

Post by vlad01 »

I tested which a bad battery so I might test again which the new one, grounds are good. I tested a separate additional ground which made no difference.

its possible that there is a voltage drop across the WB output wire are it is pretty long, few m long altogether.

I'll shove a multimeter on it tonight and see what readings I get.
If its out like this, can I correct it by changing the 5V value in TP? I tried this and it works, but not sure if this is the right thing to do.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
The1

Post by The1 »

this is a similar issue i had with a pressure sensor, it's not a 0-5v sensor, it's a 0.5v to 4.5v sensor, so i had to change the equation i used in the graph program and use 20-230 instead of 0-255, im not sure how you would correct this with $12P though.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Well I found if I changed the 5V value to 21.xxAFR, it would sit on 20AFR reading in open air.

But that said, I don't know if the scaling is right and just the output maxes out less than 5V or if the scaling is compressed within the 0-4.xx V range, or is there is a drop from WB by the time it get to the ECU?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I agree with Jayme, see what the output is with a multimeter when its reading 19.8 etc, if its 5v or not then go from there, if its say 4.96V you should be able to change the analog output to tell it at 19.8 its 4.96V etc ... well at least I know you can with an innovate wideband.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

The spartan kit has no adjustment or electronic connection. Its a sensor and cable. In the cable is some sort of electronics in a heat shrink.
I set mine up as per the manual 0v 10afr 5v 20afr but would love to compare it against a calibrated one.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I suppose you could compare to the NB when in closed loop. Log both and compare, if its the same, I would leave it.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

a lot of widebands command specific values out the analog output wire on bootup to allow you to calibrate whatever you are reading it with... got any docs on it? perhaps this one does too. my old NAW_7s used to command 13.3 for 2 seconds, then 16.6 for 2 seconds, then the actual value.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

this is the only one they have on their site.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0189/1 ... l.pdf?1955
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

vlad01 wrote:I suppose you could compare to the NB when in closed loop. Log both and compare, if its the same, I would leave it.
This was my idea as well but yet to try. How do you find the simulated narrow band output?
It's inactive half the time on my current set up.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

If you have a wideband with a fixed 0-5V output and no test modes you can check it against a real narrowband sensor. They are extremely accurate switching around stoich so its a good sanity check even once you have things setup. You obviously need more than one bung installed on the same bank.

This is a LM1 compared to a narrow band.. http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... and#p13863