Barina SB Diagnosis / logging

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
slewinson
cars: Barina SB C14SE
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG

Re: Barina SB Diagnosis / logging

Post by slewinson »

VL400 wrote:There is a TunerPro ADX I made for a Yamaha Waverunner here .. http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1446

It is K-Line using a cheap VAG com ebay interface but I suspect a proprietary protocol implementation as requesting data didnt follow the normal ISO14230 format - to work out the ADX I logged the data being sent from the ECU to dash using a serial monitor program.

Most (or all?) elms support KWP2000, or K-Line. But you need to set it up, the VAG coms are a pass through device so much simpler to use initially.
Thanks VL400. I saw that thread. What vagcom interface? I have a cheapie as mentioned above but have never managed to get it talking - it is more complex (has a PIC and FTDI inside) and is supposed to support CANbus etc. Will try it with tunerpro tonight. Any hints on getting it talking? The socket pinouts are not compatible with the ELM - is it worthwhile to try and bodge an adapter to see if it talks?

This car is really giving me the pip :wall: just like my other German conveyance.

Simon
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

slewinson
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG

Post by slewinson »

Just ordered one. Will see what it can do when it arrives.

Simon
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

If your Kline is the same as Mitsubishi you just ground pin 1 and it starts flashing the codes as for logging that's another story.
slewinson
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG

Post by slewinson »

Charlescrown wrote:If your Kline is the same as Mitsubishi you just ground pin 1 and it starts flashing the codes as for logging that's another story.
Jumper ing 6 to ground starts the CEL doing the flashy thing. Same as the JE camera ECU it also flashes when the engine is running to indicate closed loop and lean/rich.

Simon
slewinson
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG

Post by slewinson »

My KKL interface arrived so I will try and get some logging happening tonight :comp: .

Simon
slewinson
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG

Post by slewinson »

No luck with KKL interface yet but might be my configuration. Could not get TPro to recognize interface present. In desperation I have ordered a Chinese clone OPcom which should arrive soon.

Got out the multimeter and checked the VSS signal on B2 of the ECU. 383Hz square wave about 12 volts at 80 KPH which looks right for the speedo that says K=17251. Still getting code 24 on decel from 100 down a hill.

Still getting random rough idle and surging idle at other times. Has stalled a couple of times as well. Replaced the fuel pump relay as well and I am starting to look like Kojak :wall:

Gut feel says the ECU is fooked. Any thoughts?

Simon
slewinson
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG

Post by slewinson »

My Op Com device from Ebay arrived and it talks. Looks like KW81 is the protocol. Anybody able to assist with information on this?

Replaced the ECU and immobiliser last night an the VSS error is fixed. Now to dissect the old ECU and see if it can be repaired.

Simon