Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Vs commodore wont connect to tunerpro

Post by antus »

^ thats good advice.

There is a bit of bad blood here because there was an ebay seller moving much rubbish quality gear on ebay and including our free software and then telling people "get support from pcmhacking" when it didnt work (often). The problem may be the interface, or it may not be. If it works on another car then it is less likely to be the interface, but it is possible that is the poor quality interface plus low quality signal in the car.

Also do be aware that you will need to put a turbo tune such as 11p or the1s enhanced on there, and tune to suit the turbo. But you have not let us know if your talking v6 or v8, auto or manual, or what adx files you have tried. If its the definitions you got from the ebay seller you probably have out of date software and are just wasting our time until you update. If you havnt looked through the FAQ (see link up top right) and red the documents and skimmed over the Q&A there I suggest you do so.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VSEXEC
cars: VX Berlina, VS Commodore

Post by VSEXEC »

No I haven't tried connecting with ose flash tool, i will give that a shot. I am not looking to tune yet i just want to connect and check out error codes and have a look at evrything. Its a v6 manual that was converted from automatic. I have tried the vs v6 $51 enhanced adx, vs v6 engine and trans v1.10 & 1.11 adx. Also bpyr1417, bsth1442 bin & vs v6 $51 enhanced v1.4 bins. All downloaded from here not fromthe ebay seller i bought the cable off. I will have a look through the faq section and try whatever i can to connect
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Dylan wrote:Have you tried connecting with OSE Flash Tool?
Just to prove it's working if so then would be a tuner pro or adx problem.
This sounds like the best option here. Just go to the "listen to chatter" option and see if you actually see any raw communication. :thumbup:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

On a VS V6 chatter is very limited, a small burst for VATS at key on and the low speed fan on/off messages (only when there is a state change request from the PCM, its not streaming like later models). On pre VT models a get bin/cal from the flashtool is faster to confirm things are working.
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

You say its been converted from auto to manual , whats the service no. on ecu
Maybe check pins 4 or 5 are earthed on obd plug ,and that pin 9 is connected to the ecu serial data pin.
VSEXEC

Post by VSEXEC »

I had some success at connecting but in a weird way. I hit connect and while it was displaying connecting i went in to prefrences and Data acquisition tab and changed it from tuner pro data interface to the top option cant remember the name off the top if my head as i dont have my laptop at work to confirm and then clicked ok and it showed it was connected. What number of hz should i have when its connected? I have two ecus one auto one manual, auto service no is 16210672 and manual service number is 16207880. I dont have a key in my track car just acc and ign on toggle switch and engine start button. But i have a vats removed memcal in the computer. Could this be a reason why i am having trouble connecting?
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

You should have tunerpro preferences set up like this
When you do cable test make sure cable is plugged into pc only.
Shouldn't matter that vats is disabled
Use the v1.11 adx ,it works well on bench for me as is ,the v1.10 adx gives constant errors.
Attachments
cable setup 1.jpg
cable setup 1.jpg (68.9 KiB) Viewed 6521 times
cable test.jpg
cable test.jpg (81.8 KiB) Viewed 6522 times
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

Probably a silly question, but your VX isn't a V8 is it? If so, then your cable is OBD2 instead of ALDL/OBD1, in which case ... (you should be able to join the dots, if not, the implication is you would have the wrong type of cable).

Joe.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

j_ds_au wrote:Probably a silly question, but your VX isn't a V8 is it? If so, then your cable is OBD2 instead of ALDL/OBD1, in which case ... (you should be able to join the dots, if not, the implication is you would have the wrong type of cable).

Joe.
I think his old car was a VX and he got it connected up years ago. Id assume that must mean it was a V6 if pulling engine data out of it.
Currently hes working on getting the VS connected up. Both V6/V8 run on ALDL, so should be able to get information out of it using the correct adx file.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
VSEXEC

Post by VSEXEC »

My vx is a v6 and my daily driver, the vs is a track car. But i think i have found the problem, i did an error check with a paperclip and with the manual computer and vats removed memcal it shows error code 51 which is memcal unit. And with the auto computer plugged in and doing the paperclip error test it shows code 31 which is theft deterrent signal missing. This would be due to having no key in the car anymore. So I assume this is why i am having issues connecting