Vs commodore wont connect to tunerpro

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
Jayme

Re: Vs commodore wont connect to tunerpro

Post by Jayme »

memcal unit error... its running on backup not executing any code...... that memcal is toast :) I would hazard a guess that the auto computer will log ok as its actualy running code, but the engine wont start. you need a new memcal with VATS off.
VSEXEC
cars: VX Berlina, VS Commodore

Post by VSEXEC »

I can get the engine to crank as i have worked a way around the vats.
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

Getting the engine to crank doesn't disable vats , if vats is active even if you have it cranking you will still have no injector pulse .
Get someone who knows what there doing to disable vats.
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

Jayme wrote:memcal unit error... its running on backup not executing any code...... that memcal is toast :) I would hazard a guess that the auto computer will log ok as its actualy running code, but the engine wont start. you need a new memcal with VATS off.
Maybe the memcal is toast, but that error was with the memcal removed, so the "paperclip" needs another go with the memcal fitted to be sure (pattern 12 only = it's OK). Also, some code must be running to display CEL codes (presumably there's some mask ROM in the HC11).

Joe.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

VSEXEC wrote: i did an error check with a paperclip and with the manual computer and vats removed memcal it shows error code 51 which is memcal unit.

I dont see anywhere he says he checked it with the memcal removed. I see the above line which says he checked it with the "vats removed memcal" in place. he was referring to vats being removed from the memcal. not the memcal being removed from the pcm.
VSEXEC
cars: VX Berlina, VS Commodore

Post by VSEXEC »

It was tested with the memcal in the pcm. Just the memcal was vats removed
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

Jayme wrote:
VSEXEC wrote: i did an error check with a paperclip and with the manual computer and vats removed memcal it shows error code 51 which is memcal unit.

I dont see anywhere he says he checked it with the memcal removed. I see the above line which says he checked it with the "vats removed memcal" in place. he was referring to vats being removed from the memcal. not the memcal being removed from the pcm.
Oops, misread that bit. Thanks for the correction, Jayme.

Joe.
bmak
cars: commodore

Post by bmak »

I'm having the same problem.

Standard VS V6

Cable is detected fine in Tunerpro but I'm getting no data when connecting to car.

Ive followed all the guides and don't think ive missed anything
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Where did you get the interface from? We need to know the hardware type before being able to give much info other than general advice.

Can you connect with the flashtool? http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=82
bmak
cars: commodore

Post by bmak »

The interface is from a member here TAZZI

I tried the flashtool and I select the car, click connect and it gets no response.