SAE CAN ADX for AVT cables

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
Jayme

Re: SAE CAN ADX for AVT cables

Post by Jayme »

in other news, my Bench pcm refused to admit that PID20 (check supported SAE 21-40) was supported, my alloytec in my adventra does support it! and pid 34 and 38 are listed as valid! which means im now adding wideband EQ ratio readouts for stock alloytecs :D
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Would any of this be compatible with a VZ LS1? FBW.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2314

see my older thread on logging LS1 pcms with AVT.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Thanks mate wasn't sure on the compatibility with the VZ. Do you know of am XDF for the VZ?
Also I already have ALDLDroid ao double hit there for me!
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

VZ ls1 pcms run almost exactly the same code as the VT VX VY ls1 pcms. they just have extra tables added for the electronic throttle which make it a tiny bit bigger than 512k and since they couldnt add an extra 50k of flash they just doubled it to 1024. anyway VZ ls1 logs just fine with my VPW ADX's in that other thread :)
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Jayme wrote:VZ ls1 pcms run almost exactly the same code as the VT VX VY ls1 pcms. they just have extra tables added for the electronic throttle which make it a tiny bit bigger than 512k and since they couldnt add an extra 50k of flash they just doubled it to 1024. anyway VZ ls1 logs just fine with my VPW ADX's in that other thread :)
Went for a drive with the AVT connected. (Man it gave me the shits hitting my leg while driving!). And worked no worries :thumbup:
Nothing went funny, car ran normal as always.
I also fired it up with an ELM at 500,000 baud using DPID's. And worked no worries either.

Think its safe to say the E38 happily keeps going :D
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

yeah I remembered more about the post... apparently it was a subaru of some sort and the ecu would crash and reset at a certain rpm when logging at a certain speed and cause the back wheels to compression lockup!! ant assures me the GM code is smarter and simply refuses cpu cycles to the data threads should it start to get hammered.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Jayme wrote:yeah I remembered more about the post... apparently it was a subaru of some sort and the ecu would crash and reset at a certain rpm when logging at a certain speed and cause the back wheels to compression lockup!! ant assures me the GM code is smarter and simply refuses cpu cycles to the data threads should it start to get hammered.
Im happy to hammer up some high RPMs for testing. (I wont be moving!).

Just to be certain!
But I would say the GM code would be smarter.

I guess it would "slow" down the speed when its busy doing something else.

I guess a good example to that.. is if you do freeze data reads or vin read ect. If the ECU is too busy with the engine or another task, it will respond with a "Bitch Please Im busy!". And you have to wait until it then sends the desired response.

its also why I have so much damn issues with reading the freeze data.. since the ELM and MX timeout looking for a response because the ECU can take so damn long! :wtf:

Anyway, Ill grab some reads for PID 20,40,80 tomorrow. Be good to have more SAE options to choose from for the ADX. But the current one shows good info as is.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

try this one. experiment.
AVT SAE CAN E38 v1.02.adx
(45.53 KiB) Downloaded 579 times
ive added MAP and wideband for PID 34 and 38. first go to the supported pid's list. ive added some raw hex items for 21-40 so you can show me what widebands are supported. 34 and 38 are the alloytec ones so its just a guess. if its not supported itll error out the whole loop and the adx wont work at all.

EDIT: just tried wideband display on my Alloytec, I had the AFR calc backwards. updated the E38 test version to 1.02.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

so I just tested alloytec wideband display PID 34 and 38 on my Adventra, updated to version 1.02 (updated on first page) I initially had the equation from lambda to AFR backwards, but once fixed it was displaying sane figures. interesting to note that as per usual GM shittiness, initial low rpm WOT is lean, but interestingly goes to 11.1:1 after the gearshift :S this thing needs a tune bad by the looks.
alloytec wb.PNG