Alternative Data Analysis - AEMData

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Alternative Data Analysis - AEMData

Post by VL400 »

It was mentioned a few weeks back that AEMdata could import CSV files (http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... 190#p53948). Had a look and overall AEMData looked like it could be very useful, heaps of features just playing around with the demo project files.

Well it turns out that the feature is no longer working in the current release 4.1.1, but there is still a workaround to get TunerPro logs imported :thumbup: You need to download and install two programs...
AEMData Download - http://www.aemelectronics.com/?q=produc ... s-software
Dlog99 Download - http://www.gems.co.uk/?content=pages&id ... -downloads (down the bottom of this page, Version: 1.92.03)

Open TunerPro, along with your ADX and XDL. and export the log...
ExportTP.png
ExportTP.png (18.01 KiB) Viewed 14710 times
This will give you the option of what to export, choose what you want or export all items. The exported file is a CSV file, but its not the correct format for Dlog99. Use this excel macro I threw together (let me know of any issues and will fix them)...
ConvertToDlog99 V102.xlsm
(22.84 KiB) Downloaded 565 times
Click the big button to open a file dialog and choose the file you just exported from TunerPro, when its finished you will have a modified CSV for Dlog99 importing. Excel is odd and has all sorts of popups asking to keep the format etc. Its easier to just close excel and when it asks to save the file say yes.

Now open Dlog99. Under the file menu select import...
Import CSV 1.png
Import CSV 1.png (26.39 KiB) Viewed 14710 times
Select the modified CSV to import and this screen pops up, select float import and click import...
Import CSV 2.png
Import CSV 2.png (18.69 KiB) Viewed 14710 times

It will then ask to save a .stf file (this is the file for AEMData) so do that. DLog99 is also a data analysis program so it will prompt you to draw some plots, click draw and then close the program (we only want to use the Dlog99 program to get an stf file).

Now open AEMData and choose 'Open log file in new project', then empty project. It will open a file explorer, select the stf file you previously saved.

And that should be it, can get all the channels in AEMData. Happy playing :D
AEMData.png
Old versions of the conversion macro..
ConvertToDlog99 V100.xlsm
(23.38 KiB) Downloaded 463 times
ConvertToDlog99 V101.xlsm
(22.77 KiB) Downloaded 488 times
Holden202T

Re: Alternative Data Analysis - AEMData

Post by Holden202T »

nice!
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Will have to have a look, data analysis is something I'm fairly familiar with.
I use IMC FAMOS as I use it at work, Reader version is free but Standard and above need a licence although can get a 30 day trial.
Can read many file formats and can also setup custom imports.
I've used the licensed version for plotting gps coordinates and then linking back to a data in the same file can show where a particular issue actually happened, at what point things were hot etc.
Licensed version can also be used to create new data by applying formulas to existing data if required.
http://www.imc-berlin.com/products/meas ... mos/#c8597

Overall not bad to use but like most of this type of software can be initially difficult to work out how things work and a lot of time is spent in the help file which are fairly comprehensive.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

The GPS and math functions were why I liked the AEM software, with GPS and distance it will do lap timing and overlays.

It also applies selective analysis (either just selecting parts of the log or by filters), so you can ignore parts of the data when plotting histograms or other plots.

The IMC software looks REALLY full on. Will certainly take some learning.
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

VL400 wrote:The GPS and math functions were why I liked the AEM software, with GPS and distance it will do lap timing and overlays.

It also applies selective analysis (either just selecting parts of the log or by filters), so you can ignore parts of the data when plotting histograms or other plots.

The IMC software looks REALLY full on. Will certainly take some learning.
Did you get the Maths functions to work with the Dlog imported file? I couldn't get it to work previously, I think it had to be in the newer file format which Dlog doesn't support, didn't have time to see if I could work out the new data format.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Correct, math does not really work with this free option when working with STF files.

The solution is Gems Data Analysis Pro (it wasnt mentioned in the original post as it costs $$), it allows CSV import and math functions. You will find this software looks very similar to the AEMdata software.

Edit: What does work in the free AEMdata is math applied to one data log, you cant have a math function for an entire project.
AEMEdit.png
AEMEdit.png (54.89 KiB) Viewed 14630 times
AEMEdit1.png
AEMEdit1.png (53.19 KiB) Viewed 14630 times
AEMScreen.png
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Updated the macro to now handle flags, it slows it down a bit so have left previous versions. I dont know how to import flags from CSV with ASCII names to Dlog99/AEMLog (might not even be possible?) so it replaces the flag state text with a 1 or 0 (there is a lookup table of names that you can add to).

All flags can be shown in the trace view which is handy, shown here is TCC lockup...
Flags.png
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Very nice.
Might have to have a look at this software on the weekend, particularly like the track feature built in.
crispy
cars: VW GTI Mk7

Post by crispy »

Hi guys, older thread, I know.

It seems that GEMS no longer has the dlog99 software on its downloads page. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks very much!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

dlog99setup.zip
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 506 times