Logging issue with HSV VT Stroker

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
Gareth

Re: Logging issue with HSV VT Stroker

Post by Gareth »

I dont think ESS is the cause here...

Correct me if im wrong, but the ESS can only effect starting, not running?... Once the pcm sees the 'ok to go' signal and the engine is started, the ESS has no ability to shut the engine down...

Harness change is a shit job in a VT...

How about a CAN bypass? A least it will prove the issue is/isn't the ESS :think:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

I was under the impression that was tangled into the engine harness in all sorts of ways. Never having seen one I could be wrong. There is zerobinfo anywhere about it
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

The ESS is linked to the BCM/ECU security and uses the same anti theft value as them so they all need to be linked.
What I think is happening when I log with Tunerpro I tell the BCM to shut up while logging, there is some vehicle reset being done that is affecting the ESS that then causes it to look for this message, when it doesn't get it it then drops the fuel pump out stalling the car.
When using Tazzis program the vehicle looses rpm, then surges then looses rpm again but when you lift off it settles down again.
Not sure why only at higher revs and loads though, possibly a back feed from the ignition module?
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Oh yeah, forgot about the fuel pump relay control via ESS, bypass the relay, easy :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

hmmmm I wonder if tunerpro causes the fuel pump to drop altogether because it tells everything to shut up, but tazzis program is syncing with the heartbeat but not leaving enough time on the bus for extra ess packets causing the ess to miss say every 2nd security frame, and dropping the fuel pump relay in and out, like a PWM, causing a flow drop noticable only at high load and rpm. :P
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

I thought it was to do with the logging originally too, but disconnected all my gear and car still surges in the same way as when Tazzis program was running so pretty sure it is vehicle hardware related.
Have found out car was ok when motor first built but then started pinging later, so think there is something going on with the spark as all fuelling looks ok on narrowband.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Jayme wrote:hmmmm I wonder if tunerpro causes the fuel pump to drop altogether because it tells everything to shut up, but tazzis program is syncing with the heartbeat but not leaving enough time on the bus for extra ess packets causing the ess to miss say every 2nd security frame, and dropping the fuel pump relay in and out, like a PWM, causing a flow drop noticable only at high load and rpm. :P
I was just thinking that may have been the issue right there. But.. I didnt think the ESS actually sends any packets.. its the stalker of the car and listens.. :lol:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726