vs L67 logging questions

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
hot308vb
cars: Vt v6 Berlina daily driver
vs clubsport high comp solid cammed 355 brass buttoned t56 6 speed 4.11 diff

vs L67 logging questions

Post by hot308vb »

hey guys just a few questions for anyone with super6 knowledge, my bro just picked up a l67 vs stateo cheap cos it had blown the inlet gaskets and filled the sump with water, so after doing the gaskets we took it for a drive with the lappy connected to see how things were going and all was good.
after that i burnt the memcal with vt xu6 spark maps(& 98pulp) and went out logging to see any difference and was surprised how much extra pep it had :driving: and a roughly a 50 mg/c increase as well, which brings me to the question its currently showing around 9800hz & 230 g/s this to my understanding is almost maxing out the maf but this vs has bog stock pulley, cast headers, twin cat exhaust ect but reading here ppl say 10psi pulley almost maxs the maf.
our plan is to boost it to 10-12psi & install extractors for some fun but but dont want the hassle of having to find a bigger maf & extra work can anyone shed some light on this setup as to whether or not its reading right?
cheers Rob
screenshot.png
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: vs L67 logging questions

Post by Dylan »

From what I've read running The1's enhanced code the MAF is nit a restriction anymore.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

I think I got similar numbers when I logged our bog stock VX L67.

With the enhanced code software is no longer a limit but the MAF would be as it's limited to about 256grams/sec. Full details can be found in The1's enhanced thread.
hot308vb

Post by hot308vb »

immortality wrote:With the enhanced code software is no longer a limit but the MAF would be as it's limited to about 256grams/sec. Full details can be found in The1's enhanced thread.
Thanks fellas just to clarify will the extended bin fit on the factory memcal or do I need a nvram? I'm not really interested in realtime tuning as it's only a little side project, but should be able to get an ls1 maf easy enough. :thumbup:
The1

Post by The1 »

functions idential to stock, just extra features, can burn it to a stock memcal or a nvram. Most stock MAF's will goto 10,000hz if your planning on anymore mods then chuck a VZ LS maf on.
hot308vb

Post by hot308vb »

The1 wrote:functions idential to stock, just extra features, can burn it to a stock memcal or a nvram.
Thanks the1 that's what I wanted to hear! Problem solvered lol
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

hot308vb wrote:
immortality wrote:With the enhanced code software is no longer a limit but the MAF would be as it's limited to about 256grams/sec. Full details can be found in The1's enhanced thread.
Thanks fellas just to clarify will the extended bin fit on the factory memcal or do I need a nvram? I'm not really interested in realtime tuning as it's only a little side project, but should be able to get an ls1 maf easy enough. :thumbup:

From the little I know about LS MAF's tbe VZ model is different to the previous model's.
Something to note before buying one.
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Post by 0081 »

Dylan wrote:
hot308vb wrote:

From the little I know about LS MAF's tbe VZ model is different to the previous model's.
Something to note before buying one.
Yep the vz ls2 maf is the one you will need.

Be careful when buying one as there are some fake ones around. There is a thread on here about how to spot the difference.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

So the VZ LS1 MAF is same as the LS2 runs?
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Post by 0081 »

Dont think so.
Its the ls2 6l maf if i remember correctly. I think there was only one motor that came with the maf thats needed in the vz range. Might have been what came in the HSV range.