New to Tuning or Anything, Need to be Pointed

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
culater365
cars: 2003 Monte Carlo LS LA1 3400

New to Tuning or Anything, Need to be Pointed

Post by culater365 »

Thanks for letting me register and everything after I've been looking at this forum for a while. I've got a 2003 Monte Carlo with the 3400 LA1... I'm able to get information from the car through a terminal in the form of hex, but the flash tool doesnt connect at all. How do I find out what PCM I have? What am I doing wrong? I really just got into this.
Holden202T

Re: New to Tuning or Anything, Need to be Pointed

Post by Holden202T »

take photos of the computer and the memcal if you can and then someone might be able to ID it for you, but being American im not sure how much help us Aussies will be :)
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

They are a flash pcm similar to the ls1 pcm.

I had some info on them so I will see if I can find it when I get home, but I won't be a big help.
culater365

Post by culater365 »

Would I have to find out the memcal first or could I findout somehow through a terminal? or wouldnt it reply like that? I'm really bad with this, haha, but yeah any help whatsoever would be of use
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

From memory it runs a pcm number 12209614 maybe google it and see if you can find any info there as well. The trouble is even if you get the calibration off the pcm you are still going to need some sort of program/definition file to convert from hex,then there is the next problem of flashing it back in.
Do you want to tune it or just read the data/codes? I know antus will a know a lot lot lot more than me so hopefully he will chime in.

Edit: oh I guess the pcm will be locked as well so that's another hurdle to get around.
Sorry if this is all wrong but i don't know much past our vx/vy pcms.
Last edited by vs ss on Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
culater365

Post by culater365 »

vs ss wrote:From memory it runs a pcm number 12209614 maybe google it and see if you can find any info there as well. I know antus will a lot more than me so hopefully he will chime in.
Yeah, according to rockauto, that's the OEM part number, I'll see what i might be able to dig up, but thanks! If someone else has any ideas feel free
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

It certainly looks like an ls1 pcm, and likely is similar but with less injector drivers. Theres a bunch of info in this thread here http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... CM-pinouts

gearhead-efi is a better site than this for those american pcms which were not also used in Australia.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
culater365

Post by culater365 »

So I got the PCM apart and I didn't really see any bigger chips like i would think something that was so important would be, but I snapped pics of the entire thing, inside, outside.. Where would the memcal be? I'll check on that forum and see if it gets me anywhere.