Vx v6 not getting bin

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
VX L67 Getrag

Re: Vx v6 not getting bin

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Sometimes they get stuck in bootloader with PCM needing to be completely disconnected from power & earth from what I remember with 1 time I had an issue with failing half way through a read 1 time & what VL400 told me to do, not sure if it's the same issue though!
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

hsv08 wrote:
antus wrote:Are you power cycling it between attempts? I wouldnt trust its state without a power cycle if its been unlocked and some code loaded in to ram on the first attempts. That potentially has put it in some unworkable state where tests are no longer valid.
Power cycling as in key off reconnect? Or batt off PCM drained then re connect?
I think a full battery disconnect is needed. Just disconnect the battery for 5mins and then reconnect. ECU probably needs a full power cycle.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Tazzi wrote:
hsv08 wrote:
antus wrote:Are you power cycling it between attempts? I wouldnt trust its state without a power cycle if its been unlocked and some code loaded in to ram on the first attempts. That potentially has put it in some unworkable state where tests are no longer valid.
Power cycling as in key off reconnect? Or batt off PCM drained then re connect?
I think a full battery disconnect is needed. Just disconnect the battery for 5mins and then reconnect. ECU probably needs a full power cycle.
Ok I will try that this weekend. Thanks for all this help boys. Nothing but dramas with this car. Bring back the v8s!!